We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel with children-seats

Lillehammer, Norway
Travel with children-seats

We are travelling with 3 children, one on lap. Would you go for center or window? the seating is 2-4-2.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 62
1. Re: Travel with children-seats

I'd take a 2 and part of the 4 with the aisle in between.

That way everyone can get in and out easily for trips to the bathroom or just for walking up and down the aisle.

Edited: 11:03 am, February 11, 2013
Illinois
reviews: 16
2. Re: Travel with children-seats

How many total passengers are there? If there are 2 adults, 2 children seated, and a lap child, I'd probably take the 4. If only one adult, I'd probably still take 3 of the 4 so that everyone would be next to each other. Sometimes seats across the aisle from each other don't line up exactly.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
3. Re: Travel with children-seats

I'd take the 4 and put the two kids in the middle. Depending upon the age of the kids and the age of the lap child--there may be room for all 3 to sit ( except for the times you MUST hold the lap child.)

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
4. Re: Travel with children-seats

Agreed, definitely take the 4. Better two aisles than one, and being able to put an adult on either side of the children will make your lives easier.

Lillehammer, Norway
5. Re: Travel with children-seats

Thanks for your advise. I chose the 4. It has some stairs right behind, so we don't get passengers behind us. Hope thats a good thing. The kids age are 1,3 and 6 by the way.... travelling from lhr to lax on vs007 virgin atlantic.

Edited: 5:06 pm, February 11, 2013
Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 34
6. Re: Travel with children-seats

Can you really cope with a lap child on such a long trip, it will be very difficult, especially if the child wants to move around, and can't. There have been many threads about lap children, it may help if you read them. What happens if the seat in front is used pushed back in recline, what will happen to the litle one, it will be very cramped.

7. Re: Travel with children-seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 am, February 27, 2013
8. Re: Travel with children-seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 13, 2014