We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SFO to Maui

London, United...
SFO to Maui

We land at 07:33 at SFO from Vegas and Depart 08:40 to Maui same Terminal. Is this possible we also have to collect our luggage. Its United Airlines flight.

UK
reviews: 77
1. Re: SFO to Maui

Are you sure you have to collect your luggage? If its on the same ticket you wont.

If you bought separate tickets, thats crazy with just an hour between flights, a moments thought would show its close to impossible, lets say you have to wait 30 minutes for deplaning and luggage which would be pretty quick, then exit through to departures then bag drop or check in, then back through security then to the gate, seems very unlikely, the gate would likely have closed before yu even got back in through security.

But I'd question why you think you will have to collect luggage.

If its seperate tickets but both on united Id ask them to check it through when you are checking in at Vegas.

More info needed.

London, United...
2. Re: SFO to Maui

Hi thanks for your response. I booked through OPODO. It says 07:30 arrival T1 SFO. Connection: Change Plane and Terminal I'm only guessing I need to collect luggage.

reviews: 1
3. Re: SFO to Maui

If both flights are United, there is a shuttle bus airside between terminals 1 and 3 for United flights. I am not sure how frequent it is but the few times that I used it I never waited more than a minute or two. The shuttle is very close to the United arrival gates in terminal 1.

London, United...
4. Re: SFO to Maui

Thanks for this but United tell me its same Terminal and that 1hr should be plenty of time. Fingers crossed then

UK
5. Re: SFO to Maui

I'll ask again, why do you think you need to collect your luggage and recheck it at SFO?

UK
6. Re: SFO to Maui

Ps you said "Thanks for this but United tell me its same Terminal and that 1hr should be plenty of time"

That would be true unless you have to collect and recheck luggage. Which I very much doubt you do.

London, United...
7. Re: SFO to Maui

Thanks Joe, I think you are correct and that I do not have to collect my luggage I think I just panicked as I had organised the trip for a number of people. I didn't purchase separate tickets just did the whole trip on Opodo and this part of the journey had to be a transfer so think you are right

UK
8. Re: SFO to Maui

So, that's why United said an hour is OK, its because all you need to do is walk from one gate to the next. So as long as the first flight is on time, you'll have plenty of time.

Enjoy Maui, fantastic place.

London, United...
9. Re: SFO to Maui

Thank you for your advice we're very much looking forward to it. Yes fingers crossed first flight is on time but it is a 6:00am flight so hopefully will be OK. Any tips on Maui would be greatly appreciated. We are staying in Kihei

UK
10. Re: SFO to Maui

Thats where I stay also. Look / post on the Maui forum. Very active.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g29220-i86-Maui_…

I am jealous :-)

Edited: 1:19 pm, February 12, 2013