We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Economy comfort seat

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 13
Delta Economy comfort seat

This is not a question, but more of providing information about Delta's economy comfort seat. I email Delta to enquire about how much it cost to upgrade to a economy comfort seat, and this is what they said

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines regarding to upgrade economy comfort seats.

Airfares and flight availability constantly change --- sometimes by the minute. Because of this constant change, it is not possible for us to quote fares or to book or change flights through email (regardless whether the ticket was paid using a credit card or with SkyMiles).

For the most up-to-date and accurate fare information, please visit our website at delta.com or our worldwide reservations telephone numbers are listed on our website at www.delta.com.

13 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

I'm not sure what information you think you are providing here, apart from the exceptionally obvious that you can't get flight prices through email and you should look on the website.

This is irrespective of what type of seat.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 13
2. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

I emailed Delta how much was it to upgrade to Economy Comfort from a regular seat. This is after I know how much a regular seat is priced.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
3. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

Try calling them. Most of their email is auto answered by them scanning the content.

The price is going to depend on the actual flight taken.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
4. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

I don't think they quote it until you actually purchase (or are ready to purchase) a seat. It varies based on length of flight and probably aircraft. Try a dummy booking and it may show you the upgrade cost just before you hit purchase. My guess is DL keeps the pricing secret so they can vary it based on demand - just like the base airfare.

It was quoted as $19 for me one way between Detroit and Nashville on a CRJ-900. I have to book through the corporate travel website so I'm not sure what delta.com would show at booking. It did offer me the $19 upgrade as soon as I pulled up my flight info at delta.com. I was going to pay it as all that were left were windows and my shoulders and a CRJ window seat are not compatible. It actually let me pick the exit row for free, presumably since I have an expensive, late purchased ticket.

There is a long running thread at Flyertalk that will give you much more detail.

atlanta
reviews: 31
5. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

Price depends on the following

1. Length of flight

2 Your ticket fare basis

3. Your status if any

4. The seat you pick.

Since you did Mott provide that Delta can't price it.

Do a dummy booking. After you pick the flights but before you give a credit card click "select seats". Then you see the cost

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 86
6. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

Agree with the above, you do not say where you are flying to or anything about your flight?? Several things will determine cost of EC.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
7. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

Travelonholiday - if you click on the blue link below it will take you to a recent thread on this very same subject, which will give you some additional information:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6111624…

Appleton WI
reviews: 63
8. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

A note a caution re: EC seats on Delta. I am a Diamond SM member, thus, EC are free at the time of booking. Just this morning, Delta called and said I had been booted out of a EC seat on a flight to Israel. If Delta can do this to one of their best customers, they can do it to anyone "at will." All I have gotten thus far are excuses. Even if you pay for the seat, you can be bumped or booted.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

Hi

I paid $49 for an EC seat from New York to London in April. I paid for the upgrade about a two weeks before travel.

Jackie

10. Re: Delta Economy comfort seat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, July 24, 2014

Reply to: Delta Economy comfort seat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted