We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight locator - what is it?

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
Flight locator - what is it?

Vueling want me to supply a flight locator - I assume a number different from my flight number and booking confirmation number - to help locate a missing booking. I am filling in one of those "on-line" inquiry forms.

eDreams wants me to supply a registration localiser on the same matter.

Can anyone help, please?

15 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

The locator code is also known as a PNR or passenger name record. The PNR *is* (or should be) the same as your booking confirmation, a six digit alphanumeric identifier.

The e-ticket number for your flight will be a 12 digit number starting with 030, the IATA accounting code for Vueling.

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

Thanks T+ - and do I assume the "registration localiser" is the same thing, do you think?

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

It will be a combination of six letters and numbers. It will look something like this: 5AH6FT or BHY6FT.

Note that if the Vueling flight is part of a multi-stop itinerary, the PNR for Vueling may be different to the main one for the trip. I'm taking a series of flights soon that involve three different PNRs on three airlines. If I enter the Lufthansa number into the United website, it won't work.

If that's the case, go to the check my trip site and enter the main PNR. Under the details for the Vueling flight you will find the right PNR for that flight.

Edited: 1:26 am, February 11, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

I'm not being picky LeicsLad - just precise, as I have learned to be in dealing with highly structured environments like web pages....so:

I can see Manage my Booking, but nothing as specific as Check my Trip. My problem is I can't get access to the Booking because the error is "email address not recognised". Which is interesting seeing I have received three emails from eDreams and Vueling!!

"Find your Flight" is a front end to selection of a flight - not opening an existing booking.

The site got me as far as paying to book seats ahead of a 7 day limit for online check-in - but i figured...good money after previous good money...I don't think so. I assume that would have been a dead end once they tried to take the payment though. Then again, maybe not!

Any thoughts?

Leicester, United...
5. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

Check my trip is a separate website. Google it.

Oh dear. You booked through edreams! I would go back to them if you can't locate your PNR.

Edited: 3:42 am, February 11, 2013
UK
reviews: 81
6. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

Oh dear, eDreams. That explains a lot. Well, try contacting them, that's got to be your next step. Good luck, you'll need it.

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

Still trying to work out Check My Trip - but found Bravofly where I saw something interesting about flight numbers - or Flight Locators to you. Am in delicate negotiations - will let you know the outcome.

Leicester, United...
8. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

http://www.checkmytrip.com

The edreams confirmation should have a number as described above. Find that and enter it with your last name where it says "new trip" on check my trip and the whole itinerary should come up.

Edited: 7:08 am, February 11, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
9. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

I have tried the booking reservation number for my main trip from home to Spain and it does come up on Check My Trip.

But seriously sinking feeling - all three eDreams/Vueling booking confirmation numbers fail to come up and the message is "unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. 8104"

What does this mean?

Do any other eDream/Vueling confirmation numbers come up for other travellers? Or is it blind to eDreams/Vueling.

10. Re: Flight locator - what is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 am, February 27, 2013

Reply to: Flight locator - what is it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted