We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

united business first, Chicago to LHR

united business first, Chicago to LHR

Hi.

Im flying business first back from chicago with my partner on united and just wondered if anyone could tell me what the service and seats etc are like. Im used to travelling BA. Does it comparr?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: united business first, Chicago to LHR

At the moment all the ORD-LHR flights are on the 3-class 767-300. That has fully flat beds in BF, configured 2-2-2 with half the seats rear facing. I like that aircraft.

seatguru.com/airlines/United_Airlines/United…

Food is variable. I've had some very nice meals in BF, but some not so good as well. Based on my experience I'd avoid the steak. Entertainment is full AVOD in BF and the selection of movies and TV shows is very wide.

The flight attendants are very good and friendly.

If you use the lounge (United Club) be prepared to be disappointed if you're used to the BA lounge. Food selection is poor and while most drinks are free, the ambience is not good. There are new UCs being built ar ORD but the current ones aren't that good.

Aside from that I can't compare with BA as I haven't flown CW for ages.

Edited: 9:58 pm, February 10, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: united business first, Chicago to LHR

I think BA have a more polished end to end product but the current business seats on United are pretty good IMO. The lounges are woeful though.

There is a Star Alliance Arrivals lounge that you can use upon arrival at LHR. It's not comparable to the BA equivalent but it's got decent showers that don't burp and gurgle!

3. Re: united business first, Chicago to LHR

Ok thank you!

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 96
4. Re: united business first, Chicago to LHR

If it matters, you might want to bring food containers. IMO, UA b/f provides way too much food a meal time.

5. Re: united business first, Chicago to LHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 13, 2014