We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edinburgh via newark to orlando

scotland
reviews: 7
edinburgh via newark to orlando

Can anyone tell me if I went on the above flight with the one airline andthere was a delay on any of them inbetween flight would it be the airlines responsiblty to get me on the next flight out?

Thanks

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 42
1. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

As long as you are booked on one ticket, then United will put you on the next available flight with seats. The advice is usually to allow 3hrs for the connection, especially on the outward journey, as you have to clear immigration.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 23
2. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

Agree. If you are booked on one ticket, the airline is obliged to rebook you on the next AVAILABLE flight.

Madrid
3. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

As above,but be aware the next available flight might not be the same day.The airline will not bump passengers with confirmed reservations for you,but they will add you to the standby list for the next flight.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

Jane,

Bear in mind the above, and the fact that United can and does offer incredibly tight international to domestic connections at Newark. Some have mentioned 75-90 minutes. Do NOT book a connection that short; I've connected at Newark as a US citizen (shorter immigration line) and would not have made those flights.

Book a 3 hour connection. Much safer to have a 4-5 hour layover and a confirmed seat to Orlando than just miss a 2 hour connection and have to wait 2-3 flights for that/those next available seat(s). And the Orlando flights operate from terminal C which is a very spacious terminal with lots of food and drink outlets.

scotland
5. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

Thanks for replies folks, es always great help on here

Fife, United Kingdom
6. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

I've booked this route, I've got a 3.5 hour connection time, could have had 2.15 but opted for the longer just incase, planning on having something to eat and a browse around.

If the worst were to happen and we did miss the connection and no avail on connecting flights until the next day are united responsible for putting us up for the night, provide refreshments etc or are we on our own, also on the other hand if we cleared immigration quite quickly are they likely to move us onto the earlier flight, if they have availability.

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
7. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

"If the worst were to happen and we did miss the connection and no avail on connecting flights until the next day are united responsible for putting us up for the night, provide refreshments etc or are we on our own," - If you miss the connection then I'd expect UA to look after you if they couldn't get you on a flight until the following day.

"also on the other hand if we cleared immigration quite quickly are they likely to move us onto the earlier flight, if they have availability. " - It might be possible but remember you've already handed your luggage back for your original flight and getting it on any earlier flight might be problematic. I'd just stick with the original flight to minimise the chances of luggage problems.

8. Re: edinburgh via newark to orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2014