We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Norwich, United...
reviews: 13
Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

I'm looking to book fights to New York for September. I've not used last minute.com for anything before. Their prices are good and the flight times suit. Anyone used them before please? Was it a successful booking?!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Monkey6870

Barry, United...
reviews: 33
1. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

I've booked flights from LastMinute and had no problems with them. Same with hotels, my bookings have always worked out fine.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Have you checked with the airline whether you can get the same price direct? Even if it's a bit more, there are many advantages in booking direct, and of course the schedule will be the same. If they don't offer the same price online, call them. They may be willing to match it.

Norwich, United...
3. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Thanks for your replies :)

LeicsLad, the flights with Delta are £70 each more. That's quite a lot of difference. I have booked before direct with other airlines. What advantages do you think there would be over booking with last minute.com?

Cheers,

Monkey6870

London,England
reviews: 15
4. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

The advantage of booking direct with the airline is that on the rare occasions that something goes wrong(fog,severe storms,ash clouds,etc,etc ) then it is a lot easier sorting it out directly with the airline involved and not having to do it through the third party.

UK
reviews: 77
5. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

If anything goes wrong, if there is a change, a mess up with a name, anything at all, you have a third party in the way to make it more complicated.

Case in point, current issues in NE America.

However if £70 is that important to you, then I'd have no issues with using LM at least the price you see is the price you pay, its a real price unlike the bait and switch of so many third parties, and I've used them a few times without issues and they get very little flak for mess ups.

Norwich, United...
6. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Booked flights last night. Bloke on the phone a bit pushy as he was saying they may go up. I believed him as they had jumped up over the last two weeks and, in my experience, they don't tend to come down. Blow me, they've come down £30 today! It's a changes took and maybe I won't check again!!!

Monkey6870

Norwich, United...
7. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Meant to say a chance I took, above, not changes!!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
8. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Lastminute.com is a reliable website but as the others have said it's always better to book directly with an airline as flights can get cancelled or times changed and at least you'll know who to contact as usually 3rd parties don't tend to be very helpful when these things happen.

9. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 am, February 27, 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 186
10. Re: Anyone booked just a flight wi last minute.com?

Delta claims to match a fare quoted by any third party vendor. Or at least they have in the past. I haven't checked recently. When I have found a cheaper ticket I have just called them and they have always price-matched. The only time that doesn't happen is if the third party vendor has patched together an itinerary using more than one airline.