We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tweezers in hand luggage

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 8
Tweezers in hand luggage

Hi all,

I'm travelling to Rome via Singapore on Thursday and am trying to avoid checking in my cabin sized suitcase. However, I am not sure if my tweezers will get through security. I will be departing from Melbourne airport.

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

tweezers are allowed by the TSA, do not rate a mention from the relative australian government site but who knows what the regs are for singapore when u transit.

it can all still be a bit of a crap shoot.

Edited: 3:13 am, February 09, 2013
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
2. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

And then you need to think about Singapore and Rome. Be prepared you may have to give them up somewhere. Being a carry on only traveller I try to leave any questionable items at home. A cheap local purchase during the travels does the same job

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

I have never found tweezers like these ones (they are very old) so doubt I will find a similar pair overseas. I was contemplating buying manicure scissors once over in Italy as well but am not sure I will find ones that I like so if I take the scissors I will definitely need to check in the suitcase anyway.

Manchester
reviews: 92
4. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

Zomp

Tweezers are not allowed in hand luggage in Europe, but that said I have got mine through a couple of times.

Edited: 4:11 am, February 09, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

I posted my query on the Rome forum and it turns out that there is a makeup shop 200 metres from my hotel that sells these items at reasonable prices so I am going to buy those things once I arrive. On the way back, I dont mind checking in my luggage. I just want to avoid the baggage claim on my way to Rome.

Hants, UK
reviews: 17
6. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

On the way back you could risk getting the new ones taken but I wouldn't risk ones I am attached to.

Kasane, Botswana
7. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

Never have a problem in SIN with tweezers. Even stuff like toothpaste and large tubes of Aesop body lotion were never queried. Either they did not notice or just let it go. This is always shorthaul to BKK.

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

I have decided not to risk it because I am too attached to my tweezers!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
9. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

I have always had my tweezers in my hand luggage and never had them taken off me, I mean seriously what harm could you possible do with a pair of tweezers.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
10. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

They constantly confiscate my cuticle scissors (even the rounded tips), but never any tweezers.