We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection and responsibility.

Manchester, United...
Connection and responsibility.

I have booked a trip to Hanoi airport (Vietnam), but booked it through the emirates site.

The issue is that Emirates do not fly to Hanoi, so the last flight is from singapore to Hanoi using VN (Vietnam airlines) for 3 hours.

I am not bothered about this too much, but I was wondering if I will have to pick up my luggage for this and then check it in at Singapore, as I am switching airline?

I only have 2 hours from the scheduled arrival to departure, will this be enough time. (I've already booked and paid. :S)

Also if the Emirates flight is late, and I miss my connection will Emirates help me out and get me on the next flight (and also in reverse on the return journey), since I have booked it all via Emirates?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Connection and responsibility.

Contact Emirates. They should have all the answers.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
2. Re: Connection and responsibility.

There is an interline agreement between Emirates and Vietnam Airline, so you will be able to check your luggage through to Hanoi (emirates.com/english/plan_book/baggage/bagga…).

And in case of delay, Emirates would book you on the next available flight (and pay for the hotel in SIN if necessary).

New Delhi, India
reviews: 23
3. Re: Connection and responsibility.

Agree with Swissdiver

4. Re: Connection and responsibility.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 11, 2014