We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flybe vs Easyjet

Ames, Iowa
Flybe vs Easyjet

Hi - I've been pricing one-way flights from Glasgow to Belfast this June, and Flybe and Easyjet are roughly the same price. I don't have any experience with either airline and would like to hear from anyone who thinks there is a significant difference one way or the other.

Thank you,

Barb

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

Your in the air for 20 minutes it really doesnt matter. Altohugh if I remember correctly Flybe use twin prop on that route so if your scared of propellers maybe give it a wide birth!!

If your taking luggage make sure you have factored the charges in and any card and admin charges then see which is cheapest, the flight itself you are up and down

:-)

Edited: 1:24 pm, February 08, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

Flybe go to City airport and Easyjet to the International airport so just for ease of getting to the city Flybe have it. Also they come in over Belfast Loch on approach and yes they use an overwing turboprop (ATR I think) so nicer views.

As family perry said its a 20 minute flight not a long haul so does the airline really matter?

Ames, Iowa
3. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

Thanks for your responses. Yes, it will be a short flight, I just was wondering if one is more reliable than the other. The cost, factoring in all add-ons, is the same for both (within £1).

After arriving in Belfast, I will be taking a train south to Drogheda. Would Belfast City airport be more convenient to the train station, or Belfast International?

Thanks again,

Barb

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

I cant help with the trains Im afraid, but driving I know there isn't a lot in it at all but city airport is a little further south towards Drogheda.

All depends on the trains and where they travel from/to having used Irish trains north and in the republic I know they arent always the most frequent especially evenings and weekends

:-)

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
reviews: 70
5. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

After arriving in Belfast, I will be taking a train south to Drogheda. Would Belfast City airport be more convenient to the train station, or Belfast International?

Belfast City although I actually prefer the International personally but that is because it is easier for car access. Anyway, Trains for Dublin leave from Belfast Central station which actually isn't the most central (that is Great Victoria Street) . Your options are taxi from Belfast City airport to Central Station or get the airport bus from either Belfast City or International airport into the Europa Bus Station which is right beside Great Victoria Street train station (inside same building) and from there get a train to Central to board the Enterprise. Or in theory you can walk across from City Airport to Sydenham station and get a train to Central but to be honest, it's really more hassle than it's worth in an unfamiliar city and trailing luggage...

translink.co.uk/Services/…

For taxi prices, there is an official provider but you could also try Valuecabs who would be the biggest taxi provider in Belfast and might be cheaper.

www.belfastcityairporttaxis.co.uk/quote.html

www.valuecabs.co.uk/airport-collections/

Edited: 5:47 pm, February 08, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

If you are going to Drogheda then why don't you fly to Dublin airport?

Ames, Iowa
7. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

Thank you for the details about getting from Belfast City airport to the train station - very helpful.

I have thought about flying into Dublin instead of Belfast, but the only flight I've found that will eventually get me to Drogheda in time leaves at 7:30 in the morning and costs £30 more than flying into Belfast.

This leg of my journey will be on a Sunday, so as noted in a response above, not very frequent trains, and as I'm finding, not many flights to choose from.

I have some time to sort through it all before I need to decide, but I do like to get all my ducks in a row before going on a major trip like the one I'm planning for June.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

Well Aer Lingus have four flights per day from GLA to Dublin. There's a direct Bus Eireann coach to Drogheda from Dublin airport every 20 minutes or so even on a Sunday and it only takes about 50 minutes

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
reviews: 70
9. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

It would make more sense to fly into Dublin if you don't plan to see any of NI. That £30 saving would quickly disappear in taxi/bus/train costs not to mention the time factor.

Ames, Iowa
10. Re: Flybe vs Easyjet

Good points, thanks. It may have seemed liked a no-brainer to check out Aer Lingus, but because they don't fly from Glasgow to Belfast, somehow I didn't think to check them out for Dublin. (Too, too many details to work out for a month long trip. My brain hurts . . . .)

Speaking of which, I tried finding the bus information to get from Dublin airport to Drogheda, but although I'm finding buses from the airport to Belfast, I'm not finding the one(s) that stop in Drogheda. RonaldoC, could you please tell me where to look, or give me a link?

I've been to Ireland twice, but never to Scotland before, and am very excited about this trip. I'm not what you'd call a seasoned traveler, however, and it's the transportation details that are the most difficult for me. I very much appreciate you all pointing me in the right direction.