We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline

Minnesota
reviews: 12
Priceline

I booked a ticket on Priceline and the airline DROPPED the flight.

Priceline WILL NOT find Me a flight that compares with My one stop flight. BEWARE !!!! A different flight has gone up 3 times what I paid.Priceline told Me to "Call the airline" Why would anyone use PRICELINE?? Never again.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Priceline

Here's your other post on a different forum discussing this same issue:

"BEWARE of PRICELINE!!! I booked a flight to Mexico for $450.00 and now they are saying the flight is being dropped. They claim that they will refund My money. WHAT A SCAM !!! The flight has gone up $600.00. They say too bad and I should talk to the airline. WHY book with price-line?????? SCAM SCAM SCAM. They know they can sell my seat for $1100.00 to some SUCKER. This is not over!! If I wanted to change to a different flight they would charge Me the $$ difference."

1. Airlines change schedules. If the route is dropped, this has nothing to do with Priceline.

2. All you are entitled to is your money back. They can't "sell your seat to someone else". The flight doesn't exist!

3. Yes, if you want to purchase a seat on a different airline, you will have to now pay the going rate.

This is EXACTLY what would have happened if you'd booked directly on the airline. No scam here, it's just what unfortunately happens, but it has nothing to do with PL.

Edited: 1:21 pm, February 08, 2013
Minnesota
2. Re: Priceline

I am a sky miles Member. When I booked on other occasions THEY took care of Me. I will NEVER use Priceline again. Delta would at least offer a voucher worth the fare rate as of today. Delta appreciates My business. Why use Priceline???

Seattle, Washington
3. Re: Priceline

Delta would at least offer a voucher worth the fare rate as of today

<<<<<<<<

Maybe they would. They are only obligated to refund your fare if they cancel routing. If you are not happy with PL, agree, you should not book through them, but they really are not at fault for schedule changes.

Minnesota
4. Re: Priceline

I do know this. If I called PRICELINE last month to change My ticket to a better or similar flight THEY WOULD CHARGE ME MORE. The shoe is on the other foot now. THAY (and their partner) are changing MY flight.

Seattle, Washington
5. Re: Priceline

What is so difficult to understand? PL did not change your flight; apparently DL discontinued flying this routing. PL is not a "partner" with DL. PL is simply a TA.

You wanting to change a flight is totally irrelevant to this situation. Take your refund and either rebook or cancel the trip. That's all you can do, and you would be in the same situation if you booked directly with DL.

Minnesota
6. Re: Priceline

This has nothing to do with Cancun or Weather. This is about Priceline's POOR customer service.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
7. Re: Priceline

Forget about it. You can't argue with someone that refuses to listen. minnyman has his mind mage up and that's all there is to it.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Priceline

"I booked a ticket on Priceline and the airline DROPPED the flight.

Priceline WILL NOT find Me a flight that compares with My one stop flight."

You are expecting the impossible. If I tell my realtor (PL) that I want to make an offer of $80,000 on a house (flight), and he returns and says the house has burned down (been dropped), I don't expect the realtor (PL) to go find another house (flight), on the same block, in the same condition, for the same price. I expect my earnest money back, that's it. Unless I have reason to think my realtor lit the fire, I don't rant on him.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
9. Re: Priceline

Just curious if the OP ever actually tried calling Delta directly. They can change your reservation at will. Now it is possible you bought some deeply discounted highly restricted fare through PL that Delta does not wish to allow any changes for and would prefer to refund. That is the gamble you take trying to save a couple bucks using a site like PL.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
10. Re: Priceline

I'm having trouble understanding why OP even used Priceline if he was so happy with Delta?

Oh wait, could it be that they did buy "some deeply discounted" fare?

Minnyman, you do realize that Priceline is not an airline?

Edited: 7:09 pm, February 08, 2013