We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel republic

stokie
reviews: 7
travel republic

is it ok to book a flight with travel republic?

, they have a good price with monarch for lanzarote this april, but I think I remember see something bad about them last year.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: travel republic

Do a search on this forum; the box is right above your post and see what you think.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
2. Re: travel republic

Why not just book direct with Monarch?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: travel republic

Lots of threads on the Bargain Travel forum as well. You'll find mixed opinion. Reading the threads, my impresssion is that they're a legitimate company but with some customer service issues if things go wrong.

stokie
4. Re: travel republic

thanks, as usual great advice, will book direct.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 105
5. Re: travel republic

A friend has booked with them previously for holidays. Worked for him but he never had to utilize customer services which is where I'd suspect service could be lacking.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
6. Re: travel republic

Friends and colleagues of mine have used them many times between them, it seems you will never be scammed, or ripped off as frequents this forum so often, but they do sometimes widen the goal posts, normally when it s too late to change your mind.

I know of two occasions when less than two day s before travelling people have been told their hotel is over booked and they have been put in sister hotels, on one occasion this was an upgrade and the other a downgrade with no refund of difference.It seems to be a take it or leave it attitude and no negotiations will be entered into.

But many many people do seem to have enjoyable fault free holiday with them.

Advice must and will always be to book direct unless there is a massive saving which it normally isn't.

:-)

Aberdeen, United...
7. Re: travel republic

No problem have used them many may times!!!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
8. Re: travel republic

With regards to the overbooking. TR are only an agent and don't overbook hotels, as they don't book them. When it's late notice it's usually the hotel itself that overbooks. TR book through another supplier, who books with the hotel. If anyone has to get bumped it's the people that pay the cheap rates, not the people that book direct with the hotel paying rack rates. You have no contract with TR.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
9. Re: travel republic

Yes your correct TR are just an agent and you have no contract with them.

But the hotel situation and also some friends who had flights moved by 24 hrs just 24 hours before the flight and then caused a knock on problem with the hotel it does make me.wonder if they don't always pass on details of changes as quickly as they hear of them so people don't have time to change and have a refund and go with someone else.

I ve been on here a while now though and have become a little cynical!!

:-)

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
10. Re: travel republic

Pass! I never see the logic of booking flights through an online booking company like TR anyway. It's so much easier to do it yourself, and that way you can look after your own booking.

Hotels, like airlines, routinely overbook and usually people don't find out until the hotel doesn't get any cancellations or no shows, so usually very little notice.