We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B.A. tier points

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 26
B.A. tier points

Do I get tier points added to my executive club account if I purchase a reward flight saver with avios. I am a bronze member.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 40
1. Re: B.A. tier points

You only get tier points after successfully completing the flight. You do not get them just for booking a flight, if that's what you meant.

Or perhaps I misunderstood. If you only spend Avios and just pay the taxes and fees, you don't earn tier points.

SWT

Edited: 6:58 am, February 08, 2013
London
reviews: 8
2. Re: B.A. tier points

You don't get tier points or avios for a reward seat.

The only way you can get points is if you paid for the fees by a method that gives you avios.

Scotland
reviews: 11
3. Re: B.A. tier points

No - you only earn TP and miles on paid bookings (otherwise it would be something of a double reward!).

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 26
4. Re: B.A. tier points

Thank you for this advice.. I did mean the points would be earned after travelling on flight.

5. Re: B.A. tier points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 10, 2014