We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

Boston...
reviews: 253
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

Hi all -

I have a few off options for a trip to Thailand & Cambodia this summer and would love to hear your thoughts.

I live in Boston. All these flights are similarly priced.

Option 1: Lufthansa - $2054

-- Boston to Bankok, 1 stop in Frankfurt, but a ~8 hour layover each way. Then I'd fly from Bangkok to Cambodia to start our trip (55 minute flight).

Option 2: Asiana - $2126

Boston to Chicago to Seoul to Cambodia (2 stops, but layovers around 3 hours). The return would be Bangkok to Doha, Doha to New York, New York to Boston probably on Qatar. (2 stops with reasonable layovers).

Option 3: Qatar - $2,326

Boston to JFK RT on a separate ticket on Delta

Then JFK to Doha, Doha, to Bangkok, then Cambodia from Bangkok

Return Bangkok to Doha, Doha to JFK, JFK to Boston

-- One note on these flights, I have a friend who works for Qatar and if there is availability on my segments, might be able to get me a business class upgrade. These flights are a litte more expensive and add an extra flight out of Boston, but on such a long flight Business class would be amazing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
1. Re: Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

I'm partial to Asiana, but not at that price! Seoul Incheon Airport is a very nice place to transit.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
2. Re: Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

Qatar for me. It's a fabulous airline to fly with.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

Asiana. Best airline I've flown. I've heard very good things about Qatar too. I wouldn't do option 3 as it involves separate tickets, and you run the risk of losing the other ticket if you get delayed by the first flight.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

I have never flown Asiana but they have won some awards and always get spoke highly of.

Qatar I have flown, and always had a good flight, with great staff and just a great experience over all and highly recommend them. If you can get the business upgrade from your friend, do it. Your in for a great time!

Lufthansa I have never particularly enjoyed, the flights have never been bad but never been stand out either. The aircraft are getting a little dated now too and the staff always have been a little solemn and robotic and Frankfurt for transit is the pits. Badly laid out and not a lot of fun at all.

:-)

Edited: 1:02 pm, February 05, 2013
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
5. Re: Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

Just for your info, August travel will be a few hundred less than July. Korean Airlines is another possibility, and is very good.

6. Re: Qatar, Asiana, Lufthansa to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 07, 2014