We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France and Delta

Vancouver...
reviews: 3
Air France and Delta

This is baffling me to the max.

I saw on Expedia -- roundtrip from PDX to CDG via Seattle which said Alaska Airlines for the connecting and Delta on the international legs.

But then on another page, I saw the VERY exact same flight combination, same departure and arrival, but says AIR FRANCE for all 4 flights.

I also called Expedia in person and they are telling me the same scenarios.

THEN, I also went to the AIR FRANCE WEBSITE and found the same exact flight departures and arrivals all under Air France. I should have booked with them cuz it turns out they were the cheapest but they close early PST time so I have to call early tomorrow to see if I can get my arrival and departures all under Air France.

Of course I would prefer to fly Air France (I'd flown them before and excellent service).

But why is it so confusing? Same departure times, same arrival times, but shows different airlines. Can this happen?

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Air France and Delta

AF do not fly from PDX to SEA, nor do they fly from SEA to CDG. AF3639 (if that's the flight you saw) is operated by Delta as DL615. The flight from PDX to SEA may be operated by Horizon Air, but codeshare with AS, AA and DL.

Flights on AF metal operate from JFK and from ATL; the flight from Seattle will be a codeshare with AF but flown on DL metal.

2. Re: Air France and Delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:00 am, February 05, 2013
Vancouver...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Air France and Delta

Thank you.

The reservation that I will be booking seems as you are saying - says DELTA on both PDX to SEA and SEA to CDG.

However, on the return, clearly says with AF logo

10:40 am, CDG to SEA to PDX (5/12)

Flight 3622 operated by Delta - there you go! (in small print!!!!)

They like using the AF logo to entice people (like moi!).

THANK YOU SO MUCH, you savvy traveler! :)

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 195
4. Re: Air France and Delta

It's not unusual at all for code share partners to list flights with their flight numbers. As noted, you can always find out who operates the actual aircraft on a segment by looking at the flight details. Actually, the flight number also gives it away. If you look at flight boards at a boarding gate, you often see them scrolling multiple carriers and flight numbers for the same flight.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: Air France and Delta

>> But why is it so confusing? Same departure times, same arrival times, but shows different airlines. <<

Welcome to the world of code shares!

Confusing? Not once you understand how it works.

Annoying? Absolutely, at seeing the same combination of flights show up 3-5 times under different airline codes. And just cringe when you look at the Heathrow website arrivals and departures status pages; full of the same flight 5 times over!

6. Re: Air France and Delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions