We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

klm 747-400

Los Angeles...
klm 747-400

Seat Guru indicates that there is "No TV", "No Power" in upper deck World Business class seats on KLM's 747-400. Lower deck show it's there. I am booked in upper deck seats and will certainly change if there is no entertainment. Input is appreciated.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
1. Re: klm 747-400

Which pages says there is no power or tv on the upper deck? I just looked and it seems to say that all WBC seats have both.

I've taken the upper and lower deck quite a few times in WBC on these aircraft, and definitely have TV (I don't use power, but these are standard WBC seats, so should include it).

-Moose

Los Angeles...
2. Re: klm 747-400

If you drag the cursor across the seat on the map, it says "No TV", "No Power". Doesn't seem right, so I'll take your word for it.

Thanks for the input.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
3. Re: klm 747-400

All KLM B747s were retro-fitted a while ago and all seats (even in economy) have a personal screen. I am not sure about the power as I don't use the feature. Regarding the WBC seats, most of them are lie-flat with an angle, although the oldest aircraft still have cradle seats (that are actually quite comfortable believe it or not - I flew on PH-BFG a couple of months ago with these). KLM is going fully flat, but this will take I guess a couple of years.

If you want to get more, tweet @KLM. These guys are incredibly responsive and will give you the exact details you might require. Don't tweet any personal data such as ticket number or reservation code. If you need to, do it via direct message (that would require you to follow them and them to follow you, something they'll do to be able to accommodate you).

London, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: klm 747-400

all have a power outlet and PTV

Try to get row 77, upper deck emergency exit, with about 3 meters of legroom

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 41
5. Re: klm 747-400

All KLM 747 World Business Class Seats have power and video. I would suggest row 77 upper deck or rows 1 on lower deck. Both have more room than other Business Class Seats. On row 1...you get the closet storage, very quiet ride and the privacy of flying in the nose of the aircraft.

reviews: 18
6. Re: klm 747-400

OK...which is better 77 or 1 in WBC KLM? Have both options at this time. Flight is from ORD to AMS.

thanks dave

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
7. Re: klm 747-400

Upperdeck or row 1 is a close call. But row 1 wins! It is a very special location in the nose of a B747! On the practical side, the closet is very convenient and having no one in front of you nor passing by offers some privacy.

8. Re: klm 747-400

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 03, 2014