We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

New York City, New...
reviews: 49
Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

Hello. I found a great deal on a nonstop flight in August but I'm hesitant because of some bad reviews of this airline.

I did a search here but didn't come up with much recent info. I also checked skytrax and reviews are less than stellar but most of the negatives are from pax on long haul trips.

I'm thinking it's worth it for a short flight since the price is so much lower than any other nonstop options. Does anyone have recent experience with Kuwait airways from Rome or in general?

Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

What sort of price are you getting? It's a busy route so you should have plenty of competitively priced options, including full service airlines like Air France and Alitalia. I'd probably pick either of those two over Kuwait Airways because of frequency alone.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

Thanks for responding. I should have mentioned we are booking one way only so I'm guessing this is why the full service airlines are coming in so high? AF and Lufthansa are $300+.

Vueling and easyjet have good options but I am travelling with a perpetual overpacker and I know they have rigid baggage restrictions. I will probably just book with one of those 2 and lecture her (it's my sister so it's allowed :) )about packing lighter.

The Hague, The...
3. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

Kuwait's planes on this route are A300s, almost 20 years old, and the only widebody aircraft on this route. It's a short flight, so I don't see how you can complain too much if the price is good - but I suspect that you've not checked the prices for Vueling and EasyJet (who both fly to Paris-Orly [ORY] from Rome [FCO]).

Edited: 3:59 pm, February 04, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

"I should have mentioned we are booking one way only"

I see, that changes the options obviously. It's a short flight so I wouldn't be too worried about the carrier. Note that easyJet has a very generous carry-on policy so if you pay for checked you can likely bring more with them. Though as you say, they also tend to enforce those restrictions fairly rigidly.

Edited: 4:07 pm, February 04, 2013
New York City, New...
5. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

Thanks for the tip about easyjet's carry on policy. I've only flown them once so I will check their web site so we understand policy for checked and carry on.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
6. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

You could always take the Thello night train. No baggage worries.

https://www.thello.com/?iLangID=3

New York City, New...
7. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

Thanks Ronaldo. That did cross my mind but we are also travelling with my 65 year old mother and I'm not sure she'll be up for that.

The last time I took an overnight train in Europe was about 15 years ago in a 6 person couchette. What are the 3 person cabins like? Are they comfortable and clean?

Denver, Colorado
8. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

I realize this thread is quite old, but I am making the same trip from Paris to Rome (CDG - FCO) one-way and we booked with Kuwait Airways. I am curious if the original poster or anyone else has taken this route with this company? Given there reputation we chose them because it is a short flight and they were $150 cheaper than the nearest competitor.

Thanks,

Charles

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
9. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

I've not taken that route, but been on London to New York with them, which is a similar sort of set up, a stop on the way from Kuwait.

Basically, they're cheap, and will get you from A to B, the plane I was on was comfy enough, but a little bit dated.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 51
10. Re: Kuwait airways Rome to Paris

People only fly KU because they're cheap. They're a bit renowned for terrific delays...