We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

NZ
reviews: 26
transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

Normally I don't carry liquids of any sort when transiting as it solves all the hassles, however I like a perfume I can usually only get in Dubai and wasn't able to on the way over (Oil based locally made). Has anyone experience with this route and will the perfume be confiscated in Sydney if it is over 100mil (even in a duty free bag ex Dubai). I think it is packed in 110s. I'm not overnighting in Dubai so won't be able to transfer it to the suitcase. It will have to be carry on.

It's expensive so would rather go without than have it thrown out.

thanks.

Edited: 4:09 am, February 04, 2013
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 23
1. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

As you have to get off the plane in Sydney (assuming Emirates) you will get it taken off you.

That said, Check with Emirates - I have a vague memory that they will take it off the plane and then you collect again when you get back on the plane in Sydney. It's been about 5years since I went that way to Dubai so I could be wrong.

NZ
2. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

Thanks. I recall Aust and the UK are still among those being very stringent with the 100mls.

South Pole
reviews: 39
3. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

new rules in place.

u can transit sydney with DF >100mL under certain conditions.

…infrastructure.gov.au/international/lags/tr…

NZ
4. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

Thanks Lien. That will certainly make the decision much easier.

NZ
5. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

No issues with it at all although the sales staff asked a lot of questions and eventually (as where I purchased was a 'local produce' rather than a duty free shop) went and retrieved a specifically marked plastic bag.

Thanks for the help.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
6. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

Glad you managed to get your purchase through -- I too have fallen in love with a particular Dubai perfume and will definitely buy some every time I'm there :)

7. Re: transit in Dubai, transit in Sydney, then onto NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 11, 2014