We have extremely bad experiences with British Airways and they have refused to take any responsibility or compensation for their major service lapse. Any advise?
1. Our first bad experience begin upon arrival in Rome. 1 of our 2 baggages did not arrived in the airport. As it contains mainly our winter clothing. Thus, we are force to waste our first day in Rome hunting for these essential, suffering in winter cold without any winter jacket!
2. Our second bad experience occur when our transfer from Paris to London was cancelled just few hours before the flight due to bad weather.
3. To frustrate us further, instead of providing some form of compensation, they demanded us to pay up additional 40 pound for an extra check in baggage saying that both are separated issue. Most airlines only charge if you exceed the given weight restriction. For British Airways, they even charge you for every extra baggage on top of the usual weight restriction!
4. The condition of their flight entertainment system was horrible. One of them at our seat was even not working at all throughout our whole 14 hours of flight!
5. They even make a fool out of us by getting us to sent in our original receipts for the purchases on the essential due to our baggage lost, making us believed that they will at least compensate us in these. Only to tell us to make this claim from our insurance instead when we no longer have our original receipts with us!
6. To further rub salt in our wound, we finally received our "lost" baggage 14 days later back home with it's form which seem to suggest that they wanted to save cost by not rushing the baggage we need urgently. Thus, they waited for the next available "free" flight many days later to do so despite their major lapse in their service provided!