We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy jet baggage weight proportions

Poole, United...
Easy jet baggage weight proportions

I'm going snowboarding on monday, I have a weight allowance of 20kg for my hold luggage and a further 12kg for my winter sports equipment bring me to a total allowance of 32kg. The question is if my sports equipment weighed 8kg then would I be able to go slightly over my weight allowance for my hold luggage to lets say 22kg? The easyjet website says that if your equipment weighed 20kg and your hold luggage weighed 12 kg then that is fine, but I'm just not sure if the rule applied the other way round. Thanks for the help! Jonny.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

Hi

I think that would be a problem, but don't forget you also have unlimited weight in hand baggage too.

Jackie

Kent
reviews: 43
2. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

if your hold luggage went over 20kg you will get charged or have to take stuff out, sometimes if it's only 1-2 kg there ok this end but very strict the other end coming home

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

That's not true, you can distribute the weight as you please. Only requirement is that no single item can weigh more than 32kg (for H&S reasons).

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
4. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

Read this - it's pretty clear

http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports-equipment

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
5. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

To be sure and for peace of mind I would contact Easyjet and ask.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

Really, there's no need, the website is explicit that you can distribute weight as you please.

7. Re: Easy jet baggage weight proportions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2014