We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson extra space seats

Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
Thomson extra space seats

Hi,

We have booked extra space seats for our holiday in the summer with Thomson. The flight numbers are TOM512 and TOM437 which I believe are both operated by 767's. I am just wondering where is best to sit so we avoid the toilets and people queuing for them.... we were thinking of the first row??

London, United...
reviews: 47
1. Re: Thomson extra space seats

It seems to depend on whether it's configured as 2-3-2 or 2-4-2

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Thomson-Airways/seatplans/B767-300ER-(258)

seatplans.com/airlines/…B767-300-11

The 258 seat looks particularly uncomfortable in the front middle, with two toilets. Though there's also a v2 of the 258 seater.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Thomson-Airways/seatplans/B767-300ER-(258)-v2

Didn't you see a seat plan when you booked? Or do you mean you've booked the entitlement, but not yet selected the actual seats?

Edited: 6:14 am, February 03, 2013
Manchester, United...
2. Re: Thomson extra space seats

Hi,

We have not yet selected out seats as we are unable to yet. I think it will be a 2-4-2 layout with 328 seats??

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 6
3. Re: Thomson extra space seats

Thomson Airways usually use the V4 of the 767-300 for short haul as you rightly mentioned configured 2-4-2.

http://tinyurl.com/byjujfc

Angie.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: Thomson extra space seats

I think you're flying to Turkey? If so it will be a shorthaul configured aircraft. It's a 767 it will be 2-4-2.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Thomson-Airways/seatplans/B767-300ER-(328)

Manchester, United...
5. Re: Thomson extra space seats

Hi,

Yes we are flying to Turkey. When we ring 90 days before to book the seats, as there is three of us, do we ask for 1F, 2G ad 2H as the seat map suggests that the first row on the right is row 2 not row 1? (We would like a window seat)

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 47
6. Re: Thomson extra space seats

It looks to me as though seat 1F won't have much of a view, since it's going to be a few feet from the window (like you, I'm assuming that row 1 consists only of seats C,D,E and F).

Brentwood, United...
7. Re: Thomson extra space seats

We booked "Extra Space" seats on a Thomson's flight to Jamaica and found ourselves located behind a wall next to the queue for the toilets. The seats had reduced legroom and nowhere to store our hand luggage. The seats were inferior to the standard seats so don't be fooled into paying extra for "Extra Space" seats. These seats are not necessarily as described.

John,

Brentwood.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
8. Re: Thomson extra space seats

Extra space seats are emergency exit/bulkhead seats. They do have extra legroom, it's just that with bulkhead seats you can't put your feet under the seat in front. Front row bulkhead seats invariably don't have any overhead locker space directly above them. If you'd had booked your seat numbers you would have been able to choose which seats you sat in, subject to availability.

Brentwood, United...
9. Re: Thomson extra space seats

Our seats did not have extra legroom. If you can't put your feet under the seats in front you have less legroom. It was impossible to stretch our legs at all on this 10 hour flight. I accept that we had more space in front of our faces but these seats were sold by Thomson's with the implication that they provide additional leg room. We were clearly unlucky as we had less leg room and should not have been charged a premium for inferior seats. These seats were allocated by the airline - it was not possible to pre-book the specific seats in adavance. I tried to choose the seats in advance but the booking site just kept defaulting back to the seats that I had been allocated. You can either pay extra to pre-book your seat numbers or pay even more for "Extra Space" seats but it seems that you can't choose which "Extra Space" seat you get.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
10. Re: Thomson extra space seats

You should have been able to choose your seats, as the select your seat option is included in the premium you pay for the seats. I also ring to prebook seats, rather than doing it online. They are sold as extra space though, and doesn't state that you get extra legroom. Taller people may find them more restrictive because of the lack of a seat in front, but for not so tall people they would actually get more legroom. The same goes for bulkhead seats with all airlines.