We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver YVR to Kilimajaro JRO in February

Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver YVR to Kilimajaro JRO in February

I need to fly from YVR to JRO in early Feb 2014 arriving on a specific day to start my safari. I usually do my research using Matrix Airfare Search. For less costly tickets, the layover is terribly long. Otherwise, it is a few hundred dollars more. I tried to break up the trip in two sections to avoid the long flight time. For example, get a YVR-IAD return, and a IAD-JRO return. Spend a week in Washington, DC and then go to JRO. However, it is winter and I don't want to get stuck in IAD because of bad weather and ruin the safari. Vancouver is usually better end of January and beginning of February.

February is high season in Tanzania safari so the TO asked me to fix the arrival date as soon as possible in order for them to reserve the accommodation.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Vancouver YVR to Kilimajaro JRO in February

Air fares go on sale from 330 - 355 days in advance of one's travel date. To that end it is much too soon to look for fares for February 2014.

Should you wish to break the journey, consider flying with Cathay Pacific to New York JFK and travel on from there. CX888 to JFK is an extension of Cathay's HKG to JFK service; many pax disembark in Vancouver and CX often have very good fares for the remainder of the flight.

The potential for flight time changes and possibility of sale fares for travel in February next year are two reasons why I would not book 11 months in advance. I'd look for fares from May or June if not later; the possibility of a sale in October or November this year for travel early next year isn't guaranteed but sales have been offered the last two or three years.

Victoria, Canada
2. Re: Vancouver YVR to Kilimajaro JRO in February

I too am planning on going to JRO next Feb from YYJ (Victoria),

I have been watching the KLM flights posted for Feb 2013 from. YYJ-SEA-AMS-JRO on Ticketpilot.ca and expedia.ca and they have been around $1750 - $1850 mid week.

I noticed today that Ndutu Safari Lodge is already fully booked for a number of days in Feb 2014.

3. Re: Vancouver YVR to Kilimajaro JRO in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 11, 2014