We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta changed the date of my flight

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 19
Delta changed the date of my flight

I was supposed to fly home from CPh-ATL June 10 but they changed it to June 11. That won't work. What do they have to do for me? And what can I ask them to do?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
1. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

The only legal options available are to have the ticket refunded or accept the change. But, you might ask Delta about rerouting you, perhaps through AMS, which is a daily flight.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
2. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

Just saw Jatlanta's post as that was exactly what I was going to say.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
3. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

I'd contact them and see about getting the date changed back to the original date. DL does still operate on June 10. However, these are code shares out of CPH through AMS on KLM. Be polite and explain the situation. Since this is an unacceptable schedule change, they should be able to assist.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
4. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

There are myriad other connecting options that could be pursued for that date if the planned non-stop is no longer running.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 19
5. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

Thanks everyone! They rerouted us

Madrid
reviews: 7
6. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

The only legal options available are to have the ticket refunded or accept the change. But, you might ask Delta about rerouting you, perhaps through AMS, which is a daily flight.

That is completely wrong.From Europe to USA,Delta is bound by EU261/2004.As more than 14 days notice has been given,no compensation is payable,but Delta still has a duty of care,and must offer either a full refund,or a reroute.If the OP is delayed,Delta must pay for meals and hotels.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
7. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

"Delta still has a duty of care,and must offer either a full refund,or a reroute."

And how is that different from what I said? The OP didn't want the reroute they had already offered. So his recourse was accepting a refund. Fortunately, Delta worked with him to figure out a different reroute.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

"The OP didn't want the reroute they had already offered. So his recourse was accepting a refund. "

The OP is entitled to rerouting "at the earliest opportunity" which isn't what was offered.

9. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, February 08, 2013
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
10. Re: Delta changed the date of my flight

minnyman, you already have your own thread going about your unhappiness with PL and the cancellation of the flight from the US to Mexico because apparently the airline no longer flies this routing. No need to spam the boards.

If an airline cancels routing, there's nothing you can do but accept the refund. If a flight doesn't exist, they can't put you on it.

Edited: 1:37 pm, February 08, 2013