We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

Cincinnati
reviews: 7
How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

We are flying from Dublin to Edinburgh Scotland on a 6:40 a.m. flight on a Tuesday in June. How early should we arrive at the airport? Thanks!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

Aer Lingus recommends 2.5 hrs before departure, check in closes 45 minutes before departure.

You might get away with 90 mins before departure that early in the day if you want to take a risk.

Personally I go with what the airline recommends - the extra hour in bed is not important enough to risk missing the flight because of problems getting to the airport etc but I'm risk averse.

aerlingus.com/travelinformation/…d.en.6200

Edited: 5:35 pm, February 02, 2013
Cincinnati
2. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

We plan to actually check-in online 2 weeks prior to our flight. I just wonder what time to physically be at the airport, if we have already checked in and printed our boarding passes at home. Thanks!

dublin
3. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

At that time of year it's busy and you still have to check your bag. If I were you, I'd be there two hours prior to flight minimum.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 99
4. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

2 hours in advance particularly if you are not familiar with Dublin Airport

Cincinnati
5. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

Thanks, everyone -- we will plan on at least 2 hours then.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
6. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

I agree, it is early so should be quicker at security etc but i would still get there 2 hours earlier.

7. Re: How early to arrive for Aer Lingus flight from Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 05, 2014