We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa Airlines

Lufthansa Airlines

Hi, I am traveling from LAX to Italy by Frankfurt going 1st class with Lufthansa, was wondering if anyone has any good or bad things to say about them, thanks for your comments

64 replies to this topic
South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/lufth.htm

Longmont, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Traveling with Pets
reviews: 15
2. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

We fly Business Class with them and find them always very good. Know that the long-haul leg LAX-FRA is the good and comfortable leg. From Frankfurt to Italy is kind of like economy plus, with the middle seat blocked.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 3
3. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

We flew from Frankfurt to DFW on Lufthansa last summer and were quite impressed with the quality of the service. And we were in Economy, not First Class.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

LH don't offer 1st class from FRA to Italy.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 23
5. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

I fly LH in business quite regularly but find them to be average. However, it usualy offers the cheapest J class seats from BOM to various destinations in EU and the US and as per company policy ...

Lately with flat bed seats on the BOM-MUC, DEL-FRA & BLR-FRA sectors, their offering is a lot closer to their competitors.

On two occassions in the past two years, I have been upgraded to first. I find the facilities, service and lounges in first to be fabulous; however, my point of referance is BA as I havent flown first on any other airline on long haul sectors.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
6. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

As you would expect Lufthansa is a very organized airline with a high class of service so I would expect first class to be a good experience.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 3
7. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

Flown LH on first and business numerous times - never been disappointed . Frankfurt first class terminal/lounge is great'

Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 867
8. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

I have flown with them several times in the last few years. Maybe not up to Emirates level, seating leg room feels more tight, good enough IFE.

Transiting through either Munich or Frankfurt is smooth.

New England
9. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

Hello,

I travelled to and from USA/Frankfurt on Lufthansa and had vastly different experiences coming and going. On the travel to Frankfurt there were no problems and the service was good. On the way home, absolutely the worst travel experience I have ever encountered in terms of poor service. When we checked in online about 5 hours prior to the flight, we received a boarding pass with our confirmed seats as we had booked months before, and at the bottom "waiting list". We went directly to Fankkfurt airport and asked at the the check-in/baggage drop. We were told the flight was overbooked, that it was normal procedure and we were bumped. They instructed us to go the gate and they would see if there were any volunteers who would get off the plane.

With few exceptions, the attitude of the ground crew at Fankfurt was appallingly rude, unhelpful and downright

nasty. When I said to to an agent that this was a terrible way to treat customers, the agent next to her looked at me and said, "No, terrible is when people die in planes."!!!!! I absolutely could not believe my ears, that an agent of an airline company AT AN AIRPORT would say such a thing to a traveller.

At the last second, one seat opened up and my husband encouraged me to take it. I did and the flight crew was lovely. I filed a complaint with the pursor on board, as I was so upset by the agent's statement. By the way, this all happened yesterday and 30 hours later-myhusband continues to be stuck in Germany without so much as a toothbrush, as his luggage was already onboard.

We travel quite a bit and to far more remote places than Germany. We purchased our Lufthansa tickets, received confirmations,and were customers acting in good faith. The fact that we were randomly bumped even though we had confirmed seat was bad, but the treatment by the Lufthansa staff was unacceptable and downright disgusting. Lufthansa needs to seriously consider some retraining in customer service and plain old fashioned good manners with their staff.

Virginia
10. Re: Lufthansa Airlines

Any insight on how to penetrate customer service at Lufthansa and actually get a person? On-line complaint system has only generated an automated reply that gives us a complaint number. Have 3 complaint numbers and 0 satisfaction.

Reply to: Lufthansa Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted