We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expedia

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 11
expedia

I book lately air tickets with expedia and they refused to put on my accont rewards points.It was my first time ,so I did booking first and then made a account.

Is someone who know why they coulnd not connect my booking and avccount together?This is not fair,right?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: expedia

I'm not sure what you are asking. What account are you talking about?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
2. Re: expedia

I have never used Expedia so I don't know for sure. Based on what you are saying, Expedia apparently has a loyalty program for users to earn points? To resolve the issue, you should just call Expedia customer service.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 105
3. Re: expedia

I'm confused also. Some flights booked through Expedia don't give reward miles due to fare class, or only give a third of distance miles or so. Is this your issue?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: expedia

I also don't understand the issue.

Are you saying that you booked flights with Expedia but they didn't add your airline frequent flyer account number to the reservation?

If so, and you haven't flown, no worries. Either (a) go to the airline's website and look up your reservation, and add your FF number, or (b) call the airline, give them your reservation number and ask them to add it, or (c) ask them to add it at check in.

If you've already flown, then call the airline and ask them to credit you (as long as the flight was recent). You may need your boarding pass stubs for this.

Caveat - as already mentioned, it's always possible that the fare you booked did/does not qualify for FF miles.

If all those fail, contemplate why you booked through a 3rd party booker, whereas if you'd booked directly with the airline your FF number would have been added automatically.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: expedia

I think it t depends on the airline because not all airline credits you the miles if you book through a 3rd party there was a thread about this a few months ago where the person said that had they known they wouldn't have booked through a 3rd party, not sure if it was expedia though.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
6. Re: expedia

Is someone who know why they coulnd not connect my booking and avccount together?This is not fair,right?

<<<<<<<<<<

Is it possible they couldn't understand what you wanted?

If you are talking about a frequent flyer account with the airline, all you have to do is call the airline and add your FF number to this booking, as long as you haven't already taken the flight. Expedia does not have to be involved.

If you are taking about Expedia Rewards, you'll have to call Expedia. I don't understand why either issue is such a problem.

7. Re: expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions