We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

London, United...
reviews: 47
Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

Is there any easy way to check on how many seats on an EasyJet flight haven't yet been reserved?

I can do it via a dummy booking, but I always feel guilty about that - presumably there's some sort of "lock" put on the number of seats I say I want, which would disappear only once I haven't done anything for a set time.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
reviews: 53
1. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

If you have not booked your flight can only check the number of pre-booked seating via a dummy booking.

Scotland
reviews: 12
2. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

I can do it via a dummy booking, but I always feel guilty about that - presumably there's some sort of "lock" put on the number of seats I say I want, which would disappear only once I haven't done anything for a set time.

a) Don't feel guilty

b) I imagine (though don't know) that your seats and prices aren't guaranteed, and those seats taken from the fare bucket, until your payment has been processed

London, United...
3. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

Thanks for the replies. I've just booked a flight/transfer/hotel package through a travel agent, and I was just wanting to keep track of how the flight was filling up. I wouldn't mind reserving a couple of seats, but I don't think I can when it's through an agent.

Leeds, UK
reviews: 52
4. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

Have you tried ringing them, I booked a package through there website and it wouldnt let me reserve seats. I rang up and they took the fee and did it there and then over the phone.

London, United...
5. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

Thanks Morely. That's interesting, I'll try that if the plane looks like filling up.

We've never bothered pre-selecting seats before, and we've never been further away than across the aisle. However, I think EJ have priced the seats just right, at £3 per seat/leg. There's a benefit to the customer, at a price they're not going to baulk at, and profit for EJ. As well as cutting out seating problems at check-in.

Leeds, UK
reviews: 52
6. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

We are going to Sharm El Sheikh with them so though that £8 for a 5 hour flight for extra legroom was really reasonable as well. Hope you get sorted.

London, United...
7. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

I only booked the holiday on Friday, and I have to let the tour operator know my passport number. As soon as my renewal passport arrives, I'll ring them, and also ask about booking seats.

Manchester
reviews: 114
8. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

john s

You should receive a flight booking reference from your agent, with this you can log into your booking and select seats and also check in online. I don't normally use an agent, but on a recent cruise the agent booked the EasyJet flights for us, but I checked in online and chose seats.

London, United...
9. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

Thanks jessybobs. I received flight, transfer and accomodation 'vouchers' by email, but the flight one gives my tour operator booking office and a "location code". It says I'll receive full flight details about two weeks before departure, which I assume will include the etickets.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
10. Re: Checking EasyJet pre-booked seating.

Whether you can prebook seats will depend on who you've booked the holiday with. If they've booked the flight direct with Easyjet then you should be able to, but if the seats are on a block booking to the tour operator, you probably won't be able to.