We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

icelandair economy comfort seat selection

seattle
reviews: 1
icelandair economy comfort seat selection

Have booked SEA/KEF/LHR economy comfort and surprised to learn I can't choose seats until 2 days before departure. I flew economy SEA/KEF last October and I'm sure I chose seats at time of booking. Have e-mailed the airline but am curious as to whether this is a new policy. Anyone else experienced this? They also say this fare entitles use of their lounges. Does that include partner airlines in either SEA or LHR?

Thanks in advance

seattle
1. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

Bumping this in the hope of getting some feedback

Indianapolis...
reviews: 17
2. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

Did you get an answer anywhere else about this? I am having the same problem with selecting seat assignments in advance. I'm flying through JFK and am told my economy comfort fare (or saga class fare) will allow me to use the British Airways Lounge in terminal 7. This however is not confirmed by BA. Worst case scenario is sitting apart and only being able to use the lounge in Reykjavik airport on way home. Life could be worse.

seattle
3. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

No, I did not get an answer from either Icelandair or anyone on the forum. I would like to know which airport lounges in SEA are available. Which terminal in LHR are you referring to? Terminal 5? There is no terminal 7.

Baltimore, Maryland
4. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

I've booked many flights regular economy on Icelandair, as recently as Oct 2012 and the seat selection was always part of the online ticketing process. Maybe they have changed this recently. Never used economy comfort, though.

seattle
5. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

No, you can still choose seats when booking economy but they don't allow you to do this when you pay the hefty premium for 'economy comfort' Yet another funny quirk of an airline. Maybe I should be grateful they don't offer advance seat selection for a price!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
6. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

I would like to know which airport lounges in SEA are available.

>>>>>>>>>>

icelandair.us/information/…

You should have been able to select seats when you did your online booking. Is it possible you did not check the box under "Additional Options" that said "Check here to make requests for seats at the next step"?

It also may be a problem with your computer. The webpage states:

"Some users may not see this option during their booking. A possible reason for this is that the program Java Virtual Machine on your computer does not upload properly and needs to be updated. Java Virtual Machine is not installed automatically on computers.

Please update Java Virtual Machine if you would like to choose a seat online. Go to www.java.com and click 'Download' or wait for an automatic update. As soon as your software is updated you can choose a seat during booking."

seattle
7. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

Gracie-boo: thank you so much for the info about airport lounges and the suggestion to download Java. I did the latter and was able to choose seats for the 4 legs of my flights.

I wonder why Icelandair staff, when I telephoned them after booking, would not assign me seats. The person I spoke to told me I needed to call 2 days before departure.

Edited: 11:04 pm, February 13, 2013
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
8. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

You're welcome. I have found people to be notoriously bad listeners, and that many phone agents are ignorant about the airline's policies. Perhaps they just were not understanding what you were saying. If you don't get what you need from an airline, hang up and call again until you do.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 5
9. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

Am running into the same issue. Seems odd.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 47
10. Re: icelandair economy comfort seat selection

I am not having any problems booking seats on economy comfort. I leave next week.