We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing planes CDG

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 5
Changing planes CDG

I now am getting nervous about the lost luggage issue, although less so since the last review on lost luggage seems to be a couple of years ago. We are traveling from LAX to Barcelona on Air France, changing planes at CDG. The time between scheduled landing and our connecting flight, also on Air France, is one hour. This was the least cost option presented by the airline. Should we be concerned with the short connection time? Does it matter that we will be traveling business class?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 65
1. Re: Changing planes CDG

I think luggage transfer is a bit better these days. If it does miss your flight then there are several daily flights that they can put it on and deliver it to your hotel

Canada
reviews: 41
2. Re: Changing planes CDG

14 of us travelled New York to Casablanca through CDG, 4 did not get luggage for 3 days.Layover time was 2 hrs.

Palmetto, Florida
reviews: 10
3. Re: Changing planes CDG

I don't know the stats, but I we went to Italy by AF and the friends nanny's suitcase never made it. (Not that it is relevant, but it was her first long distance trip and she bought virtually all new clothes and was quite upset :( by this and seemed not to be able to recover from it for the entire trip).

One hour changing plane is really tight for CDG because you have to clear immigration and that can be ???

If you have to check in luggage, I would carry extra set of outfit in carryon and all the stuff that you can't live with or part with.

Doncaster UK
reviews: 14
4. Re: Changing planes CDG

Hi

We transited through CDG very quickly without any problems and we hadn't had time to search out the airport terminal plan as our route was changed at the last minute due to a cancelled flight.

Everything was clearly signposted and I would say we got from gate to new area within 30 mins or so, 1 hour would ddefinitely not have been a problem.

Chris

Arcadia, California
reviews: 20
5. Re: Changing planes CDG

The 1 hour is doable, I've done 60-75 minute connections several times and the luggage was OK. The only time my bags didn't make it I had a 4 hour connection, and it arrived the next day.

In business class your bags will be tagged priority at check-in, but you should still have a change of clothes in your carry-on, just in case.

6. Re: Changing planes CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 02, 2014