We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking

Renfrew, United...
reviews: 2
booking

i received an email with my booking ref and all the flight details but it states it is not a boarding pass. so how and when do we get our plane tickets? it also has me down as MISS instead of MRS .and do you pay luggage fee at airport? M MC Menamin

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 790
1. Re: booking

you don't get tickets, what you need to do is to check-in on line,if you go to the airline website and click on my booking or something similar it will ask you to log in and you can do so by using your surname and the booking reference, you can then pay for luggage or any other add on through this,it is all fairly clear.You can also check in online and you will then be able to print off boarding passes.

It is a great deal cheaper to purchase luggage fees online than it is at the airport. I wouldn't worny aboput the Miss or Mrs bit as long as the name is correct.

What airline are you flying with?

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
2. Re: booking

If you tell us who your flying with and when we would be able to give you more flight specific details for OLCI ( on line check in ) and printing your boarding passes and pre purchasing hold luggage, the procedure varies between carriers.

:-)

Edited: 5:24 am, January 30, 2013
Oxford, United...
reviews: 125
3. Re: booking

Check in on line also is available at different times for airlines, some do it a week in advance and some 24 hours ...... however as people say above you can still manage some items like luggage in advance.

Not sure that the Miss or Mrs makes a difference because it isn't usually on the passport anyway? Perhaps someone can confirm?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
4. Re: booking

Miss or Mrs makes NO difference!

These days you don't get paper tickets.

You have an electronic ticket and you need to check in on line but as mentioned you also need to tell folks with whom you are flying as there are different procedures for some airlines. Hopefully you have already picked your seats or if not let us know and there are procedures for that as well.

Renfrew, United...
5. Re: booking

thank you everybody for allthe helpful information. just that usually a bit simpler telling you this is your eticket print it off.but am fine now . thanks again. mary m

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 790
6. Re: booking

Mary ,who are you flying with as some airlines charge massive fees to check in at the airport and even more for baggage.

On Line Check In (OLCI) is usually neede unless you are with the big airline companies or charges will be incurred.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
7. Re: booking

Miss or Mrs is absolutely of no significance.

I recently booked a flight online and the only "title" options were Mr. and Miss. I am female and not married, but if I were married I would obviously have chosen the female option. It's only so that the airline knows whether you are a man or a woman (if there is some reason why they need to know!). In many languages there is no distinction in titles for married and unmarried women, just as there isn't for married and unmarried men in English. It's just not important.

I recently found an old boarding card with my name printed in the format Smith Jane Mrs. (Name in reverse order, and I am not Mrs.) Obviously I got on the plane!

Renfrew, United...
8. Re: booking

Aer Lingus I will have to wait till one of my daughters visits as ii put in surname ref number and chose Glasgow but won,t accept it. I have never had a problem before doing this online. Don,t know what the problem is. Beginning to worry as we are going next Tuesday and want to have everything in order

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
9. Re: booking

So you have selected manage my booking, then chose online check in, then entered your pnr, departure airport etc and it says what then when you click manage my booking?

:-)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
10. Re: booking

You very likely will not need a printout of your e-ticket, as the confirmation / reference number of the booking is what's key.

You should check in on line, but if you do not want to print boarding passes you need not do so. If you will have bags to check you can collect the boarding pass at the airport check in / bag drop desk.