We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
reviews: 14
Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

Is the comfort level that much different on these 2 carriers,that one can charge $400 more then the other .I haven't flown Air Transat in 9 years and have heard they have improved since then .I have flown air Canada recently had no problems.Any opinions on Air Transat Vs Air Canada???

Thx

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 41
1. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

You definitely have more space on Air Canada...otherwise, meh.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
2. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

Air Canada has many flights every day of the week to a variety of European cities. Air Transat=charter type airline=nowhere near the frequency of service of Air Canada.

That explains some of the price difference.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

The last time someone asked this I looked at Air Transat's seat pitch and width and it sounded from a comfort perspective as though it was borderline inhumane even by economy class standards. For the $400 difference you might be able to fly their "Club" product which appears a tad more comfortable than AC's economy class.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 54
4. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

My cousin always flys Air Canada to Europe he loves it.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
5. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

I was shocked to see that Air Transat is still flying the A310 on some routes to Europe - talk about old!

6. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014