We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat to Tel Aviv

Toledo
reviews: 17
Eilat to Tel Aviv

Hello,

Four (4) of us will be visiting Israel in July with a brief side trip to

Petra. We plan to take the bus from Jerusalem to Eilat and connect with Desert Eco Tours there to go to Petra.

To return we wish to fly from Eilat to Tel Aviv. I would prefer to fly into the SdeDov Airport but could go into Ben Gurion. I understand that both Israir as well as Arkia Airlines fly this route. I have visited the websites of both of these airlines but Israir's site said there were no flights on Wednesday, July 10 and Arkia's site is in Hebrew which I cannot read.

I am hoping someone here can help me with the flight schedules and the approx. ticket cost per person.

Also, should I purchase our tickets in advance or would it be possible to purchase the tickets at the Eilat airport 2 hours prior to the flight.

Will appreciate any info and advice

Susan

Nazareth, Israel
1. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

Hi,

I checked the Skyscanner app for you and it shows 6 flights by Arkia to Sde Dov on July 10 with prices range from 60 to 90 usd per person.

Israir has one flight for 106 usd.

I could check the airlines websites for you later when I'm near a computer.

Toledo
reviews: 17
2. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

Daphne, Thank you so much for taking the time to check that for us. If we leave Petra early morning on July 10, the travel time to the Eilat Airport considering the time required at the border as well as being at the Airport 2hrs. prior to flight time, means we need a flight that departs at 3 pm or after.

I know July is high season and there will be lots of folks traveling. Perhaps I am crazy to think we can manage this

Susan

Boston...
reviews: 35
3. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

You can often fly into Ben Gurion Airport on El Al for $30. If there are two of you it might be cheaper, even with a taxi, etc. For flights into SDE (Dov) I've found Arkia and Israir to be roughly the same.

Purchase in advance. You don't want to risk a sold-out flght. Plus the cost may be better.

Edited: 1:40 pm, January 28, 2013
Nazareth, Israel
4. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

OK - I checked the websites.

Arkia (their website gave me a lot of trouble) - they have flights from Eilat to Sde Dov on July 10th after 15:00 at:

15:30 (224 NIS)

17:00 (339 NIS)

18:30 (278 NIS)

20:55 (179 NIS)

I didn't find any flights on Israir's site (which is strange as I tried other dates and both airports and still no results), but El-Al has a flight at 21:45 to Ben Gurion for 159 NIS.

The exchange rate is about 4 NIS = 1 USD (or 5 NIS = 1 Euro).

You are advised to buy tickets in advance as it is high season in Eilat.

There are also buses from Eilat to Tel Aviv central station operated by Egged (they have an English site, but it might work properly only with IE). They leave Eilat about every 2 hours (there will be more buses in the summer than there are now) and take 5 hours to get to Tel Aviv. A ticket costs 78 NIS. According to the site you can make reservation with a credit card starting from 45 days before the trip and cancel with no charge up to 2 hours before the trip.

If you need any additional help - don't hesitate to ask, and I hope you enjoy your trip (Petra is absolutely amazing!)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
5. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

Definitely book your flight in advance. The last thing you need ruining your trip is not being able to get seats on the flight you need.

The bus is also an option, if you are up for another long bus ride - but keep in mind that the buses to and from Eilat require you to reserve seats in advance.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
6. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

Reservations for buses to and from Eilat can be made in person at any central bus station in Israel, or by telephone at (03) 6948888. Online reservations are possible only in Hebrew.

7. Re: Eilat to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 30, 2014