We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

UK
reviews: 33
Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

Just wondering if there is a reason that the seats in rows 42 to 51 (lower deck) on MH A380 cost £35 to reserve whereas the rest are only £12 ?

Am I correct in assuming it is because the closer you are to the front, the quicker you get off the plane upon arrival?

I can understand the additional charge for extra leg-room seats.

Unfortunately, Seat Guru doesn't have a seat map for the plane.

5 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
1. Re: Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

When I booked online last month to fly Lon-KL in Feb. 2014 I could not view the Upper Deck seating plan so I completed my booking without pre-booking my seats. I will have to call the MAS call centre in KL to do so! Has anyone had this problem? I thought it was my iPad, but I had the same trouble when doing it on my PC.

Isle of Man
reviews: 34
2. Re: Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

Kathy, you dont need to call Malaysia, there is a london customer services number that you can use. Just found the number on the Malaysia Airlines site its 0871 423 9090.

When I rang them last month to book seats on the upper deck for my flignt in Feb they were all taken, so you may be disappointed, but its worth a try.

Edited: 8:29 am, January 15, 2014
Birmingham, United...
3. Re: Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

Thanks Manx_kitten. Will try

Birmingham, United...
4. Re: Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

Tried the no. you gave but it's not connecting. Guess will have to call the KL call centre.

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: Malaysian Airlines A380 economy

the upper deck is at the front of the lower deck on the seating map. look for 'economy' with 2x4x2 seating. weird but it is how it is.

upper deck sells out very quickly. and it costs us £80 round trip each to reserve a seat there.

Reply to: Malaysian Airlines A380 economy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted