We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southall travel

Windsor, United...
reviews: 6
Southall travel

January 2013

All the posts on Southall travel are past sell by date. Sooooo has anyone out there had recent experience? I get the feeling that if its too good to be true then it usually is. Help needed ASAP.

Thanks

69 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 90
1. Re: Southall travel

When you get the search results, click on the 'sort by' drop down which says "relevance" and change it to "date". There are entries from this year.

Edited: 6:28 am, January 28, 2013
Sutton Coldfield...
reviews: 83
2. Re: Southall travel

We booked a Christmas holiday in Goa at relatively short notice with Southall Travel in November 2012. Overall the experience with this company was without question the worse we have ever experienced with a travel company, and we are frequent travellers. Based on our experience they were not helpful, and they were not reliable. Communication was very poor: it appeared that promises would be made, not fulfilled and then we would have to repeatedly chase: it became almost a full time job. For example: we were offered a hotel in with a name similar to a reasonable local four star. After chasing for many weeks we eventually received the hotel booking details with a location address and deduced this was not in fact the hotel we thought we had booked. We then discovered online that it had just been refurbished and the pool was reported as unusable; also there were no reviews of the hotel on Trip Adviser and no photographs (only computer visualisations). When we raised our concerns about the hotel with this company we were told quite bluntly we would have to forfeit the entire existing hotel cost (at four stars rate) to secure an alternative hotel (effectively doubling the price of the hotel accommodation). We were also mis-advised about the Charter Flight to Goa - for example that in-flight meals would not be available which turned out to be incorrect. Also when we requested a seat upgrade delay in communication and an apparent lack of interest in our request provided no sense that the issue was being taken forward. A request for vegetarian meals was also dismissed because of meals apparently not being available. We later made separate arrangements with the Charter Firm ourselves but were only able do this after we received the flight booking number just a week before we departed. Not surprisingly seat upgrades were not available this close to departure. Nor were we advised about India Visa requirements. Again this was something we researched and organised ourselves. Raising legitimate concerns about service also appeared to cause the company to close ranks: advisers and their supervisors were suddenly not contactable. Throughout this long and uncomfortable process we gained no sense that this company operating a customer care policy; to the contrary the policy appeared to be one of receiving your money and in return offering an inferior service. Albeit based on this single experience nonetheless our strong advice is to avoid having any dealings with Southall Travel.

East Sussex, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Southall travel

This might have made for an easier read if you had broken it down into paragraphs.

No offence intended, but I know I am not alone in giving up trying to read huge chunks of text, and so any worthwhile information you were trying to impart may well be lost.

Overall though it seems Southall travel have not upped their game.

London, United...
4. Re: Southall travel

STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK THROWING YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN.

To cut a long story short..... Booked with Southall travel in Sep. 2012 for Feb. 2013. They appeared fine and communication before final payment was good.

Got to air port ....seats had been sold plain was fully booked and my return tickets cancelled. I had planned and made arrangements with friends did not want to miss our long awaited organised trip, so was left with no choice but to rebook for the following morning. Paying over 1k pp Southall travel were unhelpful, deceitful and only interested in the rebooking - double money. STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK THROWING YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN. I'm sure if your lucky things may turn out well for you!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 147
5. Re: Southall travel

Your post is confusing Cath. Which flights were cancelled, the outbound or the return flights? Were you informed why? You need to explain the circumstances more and then maybe someone can answer why your flights were cancelled.

London, United...
6. Re: Southall travel

Both the outgoing tickets and the return tickets were cancelled to my horror. I was told I was too late an hour and half before the flight. I will check with my insurance, write to Jet Airways and Southall Travel and see what happens. We had an amazing holiday with friends and I'm just back not wanting to dwell on it just yet. However, my experience was when there is a problem Southall travel were unhelpful, deceitful and only interested in the rebooking - double money. I had a twelve hour nightmare between not getting on that flight and paying again. I'll post what happens with it all sometime later.

Thanks

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 101
7. Re: Southall travel

If you have to use an agent, use a reputable one like Trailfinders.

Surrey UK
reviews: 28
8. Re: Southall travel

I get the impression Cath was too late to check in and blamed this on the agent.

Bradford, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Southall travel

Hi, i booked our family holiday with southall travel and forgot our accomodation voucher at home so when we got there the hotel staff would not give us a room as we did not have the accomodation voucher so a quick email to southall travel got us a accomodation voucher in a email reply... Great people to deal with A*

Edited: 8:50 pm, March 11, 2013
10. Re: Southall travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, March 12, 2013
Edited: 9:35 am, March 12, 2013

Reply to: Southall travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted