We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I skip the first leg??

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Can I skip the first leg??

I've been looking at flights going to New York and returning from Barbados. I've found I can save £100 per person if I go from Dublin but I was wondering if I could skip the first leg of the journey as it goes to London which would be cheaper and easier for me to get too.

Flight to New York

Dublin 10am (aer lingus). < skip this leg

London 1pm (virgin). < start my journey here

Flight to uk

Barbados 6:05pm (virgin)

Hopefully this makes sense any help will be appreciated!!!!!

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

nope...the rest of your journey would be cancelled.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
2. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

NO. If you skip the first (or any leg) of a flight, all subsequent legs would be cancelled. If you check the T&C's, they should state that ALL legs must be flown and in the order ticketed.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
3. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

Thank you I wasn't sure with the flights been different companies

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 95
4. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

You could always ask nicely, but it's no guarantee.

I did successfully for an Iberia route AMS-MAD-JFK.

I boarded at MAD.

I should probably elaborate since the entire itinerary was openjaw JFK-MAD-LHR and then AMS-MAD-JFK. The ticket was already paid for and I already flew half of the itinerary and found myself in the south of France. I wanted to change plans and go out MAD, instead of backtracking to AMS so I asked the Iberia people if I could.

Edited: 5:30 pm, January 24, 2013
UK
reviews: 77
5. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

There are also instances of people asking, being told yes, and then turning up and finding flight cancelled. Unless its in writing. I wouldn't advise.

For the OP, close to zero chance this would work.

Ps nothing to do with it being different companies, in fact with different companies more chance you'd get away with it but it would be a stupid risk to take.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 50
6. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

This question comes up a lot and the answer is still no.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
7. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

Well thanks for all your replies I will pay the extra rather then take any chances.

8. Re: Can I skip the first leg??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 27, 2014