We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore airlines

norwich
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
23 reviews
singapore airlines

anyone who has used this airline recently especially on the london to singapore run ; how did you find the service and in flight entertainment on the the a380 aircraft.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
159 reviews
1. Re: singapore airlines

Singapore airlines is arguably the best airline travelling this route. All aspects are exceptional and rarely do we see a complaint. You cannot go wrong on SQ

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: singapore airlines

one of the best airlines in the world.

but they can 'have their days'.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
1 review
3. Re: singapore airlines

I have read a few seat reviews recently that had a common theme that on the SQ A380 the seat was rather hard and suggesting people bring a pillow. This was the economy seat (no surprises there). Not sure which class you're considering, but it may be something to keep in mind.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: singapore airlines

my experince with their a380 seat is, yes, they are hard in comparison to their old 747 seats. much like their 777s.

but not as bad as VA's 777s. ouch!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: singapore airlines

I would agree that they're quite good, it would be even better if they still had the "old" A380 with some eco seats upstairs.

And the seats are definitely hard, an extra pillow helps.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,338 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: singapore airlines

Hi,

I too like SQ.. like most Asian carriers, one of the main reasons that I personally like SQ is that they're pretty good at what I call "consistency" across their system.. What you are supposed to get for that specific flight, is almost always what you get without fail..

I also find that their Pursers on-board are pretty good at front-line problem resolution to the extent possible or permitted.

Travel Safe,

7. Re: singapore airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 pm, February 23, 2015
norwich
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: singapore airlines

many thanks for the replies.

9. Re: singapore airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, January 26, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10,651 posts
49 reviews
10. Re: singapore airlines

I find you can also combat the "hard seat" problem with the pillow provided. Actually, if people would get out of their seats more often, or even exercise while seated, it helps considerably. (while seated you can stretch your legs and tighten the bum at the same time)