We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easy jet.

inverness
reviews: 11
easy jet.

Flying with Easy Jet to Alicante from Edinburgh for ten days on 2nd February. Last time I flew with Easy Jet a few months ago I was advised they were planning after a trial to introduce allocated seating, will I be allocated a seat on check in or will it be sit where you like.

Cardiff, United...
1. Re: easy jet.

From what I've read recently easy jet only offer allocated seating at a cost of £3 -£12 depending on where you would like to choose your seat as some seats have better leg room.. So for a straight answer to your question - no, I don't think they are allocating seats for you. It's Everyman for himself still. Hope this helps

inverness
reviews: 11
2. Re: easy jet.

Only me going on this occasion so wont need to bother about seats together. I like an aisle seat so will just have to get moving and grab one. Dont know how busy the flight will be.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
3. Re: easy jet.

All their flight have had allocated seats since the end of November. If you check in online your seats will be allocated. If you don't like them you can pay to change them. If you check in at the airport they will be allocated then.

Inverness, Scotland
reviews: 10
4. Re: easy jet.

Easyjet actually have allocated seating on all their flights now.

This is what I got from their website:

Can I book a flight without selecting a seat?

Yes you can. You do not have to pay to select your seat. In this case we will allocate you a seat when you check-in, either online by printing your boarding pass or at the airport check-in desk

Also a link for with faqs about ezy flight(s) seating:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5575

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 42
5. Re: easy jet.

Yup!

We are using Easy jet for two flights in the near future.

One is a 3hour flight and with long legs I want an "extra leg room" seat. I booked these and paid extra.

One is a 50 mins flight and I can cope with that so didn't book any seats. I was allocated two seats next to each other as soon as I had booked.

No unseemly rush and elbowing others out of the way! Great!!

MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 52
6. Re: easy jet.

I have flown since the allocated seating and it is much better. you can either pay or you can get what you are given. I am not sure but i think that if you opt for them to allocate a seat I don't actually think there is an option to change it.

London, United...
reviews: 47
7. Re: easy jet.

If the flight is part of an EJ Holidays package, then in the summary box, before you actually book, it says "Seat selection unavailable". I've no idea why this should be the case, but it's been there on every EJ package I've looked at.

somerset
8. Re: easy jet.

If you pay for an allocated seat with your booking, you can then change this seat anytime up to checking in. Once you have checked in (either online or at airport) you cannot change your allocated seat thereafter.

9. Re: easy jet.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 26, 2014