We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

australia
reviews: 47
Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

The last time I flew I did so with Asiana and had plenty of room to stretch my legs out underneath the seat in front. Have to fly to NZ soon and am worried because Qantas has less space between seats. I know it's only 3 hours but since having knee surgery I cannot keep my knee bent up for more than 15 minutes before having to straighten it out. Has anyone flown the Qantas 737 - 800 lately? Is there room for me to stretch it under the seat in front? I know I can ask for an exit row seat but doubt I'd meet the criteria. Please, no smart remarks about going business class...I'm saving that for next years long haul.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

It's hard to say without knowing how tall you are. I have a slightly stiff knee, however and prefer to sit in an aisle seat that allows me to stretch the leg out into the aisle when there's no traffic about. It's my right knee so I choose a 'C' seat in a 737. If yours is the left knee the 'D' seat would be your choice.

australia
2. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

I'm 5ft7in...but thanks...hadn't thought of getting the aisle seat! Good idea!

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 42
3. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

You could pay a bit extra and get an exit row seat or try for a bulkhead row. More legroom and you can rest your outstretched leg on the bulkhead.

Go for rows 4, 13 or 14.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 37
4. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

I traveled to NZ late last year on this plane, is pretty standard as far as leg room goes so you will need to sit on the aisle for comfort. Fortunately for my partner and I we are shorties and fit well into economy (sizewise anyway) HOWEVER for some bizarre reason I always manage to drop something that then rolls under someone elses seat in another row!!!! Especially when the tray tables are down.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
5. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

<<try for a bulkhead row>

I find bulkheads - ie walls- are not as conducive to straightening a leg as a normal seat. You can stretch out a bit under a seat in front of you, but when you hit the wall that's it.......

Mind you, now that I know OP is only 5'7'' my sympathy level has diminished enormously! :-) numbats are 6'2''.........

australia
6. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

I don't like bulkheads much either, for the reasons already given.

You poor numbats! Long haul must be an ordeal if you fly economy. As I said earlier, Asiana is an excellent option to the UK; comfy seats and when the person in front reclines it doesn't seem to intrude into your space. The other benefit is that the flights are roughly equal in time...10 - 12 hours each stretch, and the journey is broken by a free Seoul stopover. Don't know why more Australians don't give this wonderful airline a go! I wish they did the trans Tasman run!

Getting back to the initial subject :I am very grateful for your suggestion on aisle seat...problem solved!

7. Re: Qantas 737 - 800 leg room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 26, 2014