We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klm

west yorkshire
reviews: 28
Klm

I'm flying klm from Manchester to Amsterdam then to Denpasar in march we only have 1hr10mins to get off the Manchester flight and on to the Denpasar flight has anyone done this flight I tried to change my earlier flight from Manchester but klm wouldn't let me so need to know if it doable anybody

Thanks

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Klm

Amsterdam schiphol is one big terminal, so there are no terminal changes. There is a possibility of a long.walk depending on which gate your onward flight leaves from. But schiphol is one of the easiest airports to transit. You wont have any issued time wise, and if your delayed on your inbound flight it will be klm s job to get you there on the next flight with space on.

:-)

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 71
2. Re: Klm

You will have about a 15 mins walk from your arrival gate to the next flight. There will be security at the gate,no passport or other checks. You should be fine as the flights from UK tend to be on time or early.

If your first flight is late then the crew will tell you during the flight what to do, if KLM decides that you cannot make it then you will be rebooked on the next flight.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 927
3. Re: Klm

It should be doable. You will have through luggage and you just need to get from domestic section of the terminal to the International section of Schipol which involves a long walk and its well sign posted.

west yorkshire
reviews: 28
4. Re: Klm

Does anyone know what gate the Manchester flight comes in on and the Denpasar flight leaves from so I have an idea of the distance and time it will take from one gate to the next

Thanks

Bellaria-Igea...
reviews: 154
5. Re: Klm

You can find this information over here:

schiphol.nl/Travellers/…Arrivals.htm

London
reviews: 73
6. Re: Klm

Do flights from the UK arrive in the domestic area at Schipol?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
7. Re: Klm

There is no "domestic" area in Schiphol as there are no internal flights. There is a Schengen and non Schngen zone.

UK flights arrive in the non Schengen zone as the UK is not part of the Schengen zone.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
8. Re: Klm

It will be enough time as Schipol is a very big airport but also very oranized and if the Manchester flight does arrive late and you don't make the connection you'll be put on the next flight and if that's the next day they'll put you up in a hotel and give you vouchers for dinner.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
9. Re: Klm

The short connections and the efficient airport at AMS are exactly the reasons why I prefer flying KLM. Like others have mentioned your connection time is normal for AMS and passengers mostly experience the short connections to be hassle free as long as you are traveling on ONE ticket.

Edited: 3:26 pm, February 18, 2013
London
reviews: 73
10. Re: Klm

Thanks Ronaldo

I only asked as post #3 seemed to imply the existence of a domestic zone, of which I was previously unaware