We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

Hi there,

Does anyone know what sort of costs one would be looking at for food and in-flight entertainment onboard a flight from Sydney - LAX?

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

I think you'll find it's all free. Have a look at the 'Experience' section of their website.

Melbourne
reviews: 7
2. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

It's all included in the cost of the flight for International travel.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

Virgin have in-seat individual screens with a wide range of shows , movies , music for you to choose for free, food is fairly bland standard airline food , if you want good food and comfy seats fly Qantas , alot better food , even icecream bars and help yourself snacks

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
4. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

I don't think anyone flies economy for the food!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

If you want to check out recent reviews check out the airline quality website as there will be info on the food and entertainment.

www.airlinequality.com

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

Thanks everyone. We aren't selecting an airline based on quality of food but rather price difference between Virgin and Qantas. A friend told me that you had to pay for it onboard Virgin which is why I put the question out there. Thank you for your reponses.

Australia
7. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

I have flown this route with Virgin Australia, and was very happy, especially with the price.

I enjoyed the food, and the flight attendants were great, as was the in-flight entertainment.

I had read that some people thought the seats were a bit hard, but I didn't notice with it.

Edited: 4:50 pm, January 22, 2013
South Pole
reviews: 39
8. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

from memory u get a couple of alcoholic drinks free then u have to pay.

other than that the service is fine and the food passable. IFE is good esp if u like kids punching the back of your seat playing games.

and yes, we found the seats extemely hard and uncomfortable....and is the major reason we wouldn't fly them again.

9. Re: Virgin Australia - food and in-flight entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 24, 2014