We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

swisstravelfreak
Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

Does anyone know what the procedure is for arriving on the London Express in Heathrow and then getting ourselves to the Hilton London Airport Terminal 5? Do they have a shuttle or do you have to pay? I have heard some of the surrounding hotels do not provide shuttles thus causing the traveler to pay for the transportation to and from the airport.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 154
1. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

swisstravelfreak

The easiest way I know of getting to the Hilton LHR T5 is taking the hotel Hoppa Bus from outside the terminal for £4.50 per person one-way. This bus stops at other hotels in the area. It's £4 if you book in advance.

Simply take the H57 Heathrow Hoppa from bus stops 26 & 27 on the arrivals level on the ground floor.

Get the schedule here: nationalexpress.com/coach/PDF/HoppaT4T5.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

On the road in front of the arrivals area, there is a series of bus stops (Hoppa bus). There are several buses that stop in that area, so look for the sign with the Hilton on it.

This Hilton is a new Hilton, so don't be bothered if people try to direct you to the Hilton at T4. The Hilton near T5 is one or two stops out from the Airport, but it is a pretty decent place... very large and spread out. I walked from my room to the lounge and back and it was a fifth of a mile.

There is a charge for the bus... 3 or 4 pounds if I remember correctly... not much in any event. The bus from the hotel back to the airport will stop at T5 and then head over to T4... at least it did last year.

Cotswolds
3. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

I don't think any of the hotels around Heathrow provide a shuttle - it's either the (paying) Hoppa or for some of them a local public bus service which is free in the immediate vicinity of the airport.

UK
reviews: 85
4. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

What is "the London Express" ? Do you mean the Heathrow Express?

If so, where are you starting from, and how many in your party, because I guess in most cases, people needlessly take this very expensive mode of transport when it would be quicker or cheaper or more convenient to take an alternative mode, such as a pre booked car, or the tube.

The only hotel I am aware of which has a free shuttle, is the Hilton at T4, and that goes to T5 - very weird :-) However the T4 Hilton is , IIRC, much more expensive than the one at T5.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

The Hilton Terminal 5 is well off the Heathrow area and with nothing nearby. The Hoppa buses run every 22 minutes and the walk up fare is £4.50 per person each way.

A better option for Hilton would be the one at T4. Yes, wrong terminal, but you can reach T4 by Heathrow Express with a change at T123/Central, and there are free buses (both a hotel free bus and the 482 and 490 London buses) that run between T4 and T5, as well as the free train shuttles via T123/Central.

An even better bet may be the Premier Inn Heathrow T5, which is on the western end of the Bath Road, and can also be reached by a free bus to/from T5 (423). This hotel is also accessible to food outlets off hotel, and there's a nice pub about 10 minutes walk away or one stop on that free bus (The White Horse).

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…heathrowterminal5-14065.pdf

londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_wes…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
6. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

Joe has it correct, unless you have an outstanding corporate rate, the T5 Hilton is substantially cheaper than T4.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
7. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

The Hilton Terminal 5 is well off the Heathrow area and with nothing nearby

----------

It's a very good hotel though, one of the best Heathrow hotels IMO. Has a very good Indian restaurant too.

Ok, so it's maybe 5mins from T5 if you're unlucky but around 1/3 price of the Sofitel which is a similar timed walk to the check-in area/security area I use.

London
reviews: 29
8. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

You said 'ourselves'. If there's more than just you, using Heathrow Express is unlikely to be cost effective. A private transfer direct to the hotel may be a better idea.

9. Re: Shuttle from London Express to Hilton London Terminal 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 23, 2014