We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

So Jet 2 will charge you £14.99 each way for baggage but if you book through Exepdia, then they tell you it is £30 each way?

I was looking at Expedia as they have more choice of hotels than Jet 2 do.

Dundalk, Ireland
1. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

It's a travel agency, a business. If they offered everything at the same price they wouldn't make a profit.

australia
reviews: 17
2. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

The travel agency should only be charging a booking fee for the service they are providing not profiteering from baggage, Complain with your feet book with the airline directly and book your hotel direct also or use another hotel provider there are heaps around with better pricing.

Also email Jet2 with a screen dump of the charges to let them know what Expedia are doing

Edited: 7:19 pm, January 20, 2013
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
3. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

In the additional airline services window, above the charges, Expedia do say "We recommend using your airline's online facilities before you travel for services such as checked baggage, sporting equipment, seat requests, priority seating, meals, and check-in. By requesting these services online you may pay less and also avoid queues at the airport." so can't you just do as they suggest?

australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

With a lot of airlines if you don't buy your baggage when you buy the ticket you are quite often charged a higher price to add it on

Obviously that statement is their get out ploy in case they are challenged on their charges...

Why bother booking with Expedia at all ,...

Edited: 6:30 am, January 21, 2013
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
5. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

Book your flight direct with Jet2 and book a hotel through Expedia if you choose - or even better just book direct with the hotel.

6. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

I was looking to book flight and hotel together as prices separately or direct wit hotel are working out a lot more.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
7. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

"I was looking to book flight and hotel together as prices separately or direct wit hotel are working out a lot more."

___

Well it looks to me (without knowing your full costs) that it's costing more this way as Expedia baggage charges are more than Jet2.

8. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

The baggage costs Expedia add on do not take it over the cost of booking separately, sorry if I didn't make that clear. Just think it ridiculous they charge double what Jet2 do!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
9. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

But it's been answered earlier. Expedia are a business and the one goal of businesses is to make money which is what Expedia are doing here.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
10. Re: Expedia charging more for baggage than Jet 2?

In any case as we've said on here hundreds of times it's always better to book directly with the airlin itself as you never know what can happen and at least you know who to talk to.