We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 62
Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

We are scheduled to fly from PHX to MRS tomorrow night. As of right now, the flight is still scheduled [but it is scheduled to leave almost 4 hours late tomorrow.]

There is just one flight that goes back and forth between LHR and PHX.

Today's flight over from LHR to PHX departed 4 hours late and as such it will be 3+ hours late for arrival at PHX. That means it will arrive in LHR 3+hours late tomorrow.

IF this holds true for tomorrows flight from LHR to PHX and subsequently the flight that we will be on tomorrow night is sure to be late by at least 2 hours or more. IF that is the case, we will surely arrive 2+ hours late on Tuesday night.

IF that is the case - we will miss our flight to MRS and the next flight will be Wednesday morning.

Phew- sorry. Confusing.

The question - IF we in fact miss our connection to MRS, will BA put us up in a hotel for the night? Not sure since this is weather related.

We are booked on one ticket/PNR.

Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 148
1. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

Debits2000

BA has been issuing hotel vouchers to stranded customers at LHR over the last two days. However, several hotels in the LHR area are fully booked and many have had to find accommodation on their own. Hope for the best.

Regards

Yorkshire
reviews: 6
2. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

As an EU airline, the BA must fulfil their duty of care (i.e. overnight hotel) regardless the reason for delay. However, whether they will actually book you in a hotel with all the chaos in Heathrow is another question. If you find a hotel yourself, they are likely to reimburse you; something like that was recently mentioned on the BBC News.

Albuquerque, New...
3. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

Can you recommend a hotel at or close to Heathrow? Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
4. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

Debits2000

I'd suggest three properties depending on your budget. Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5, Sofitel London Heathrow or the Hilton Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.

Regards

Edited: 7:09 pm, January 20, 2013
Albuquerque, New...
5. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

Any idea how much BA allows for a hotel under these circumstances?

Thanks for all your help!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
6. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

The Hilton T5 is in Slough, not handy for LHR T5. Along with the Sofitel and Travelodge, consider the Premier Inn T5 at 420 Bath Road, *not* the PI at 15 Bath Road, the other side of the airport.

BA288 shows a departure time of 2110 for tomorrow, 21 Janary; BA289 also shows its scheduled departure time of 1515 from LHR tomorrow - and that's the plane that will take you from PHX to LHR.

BA have reduced their schedule for Monday's flights by cancelling short haul services, those with (usually) a number of flghts from X to Y. The long haul flights are those the airline want to keep on schedule as much as possible as it's more beneficial for pax and airline.

Hope for the best. If you can make a cancellable booking at the PI Terminal 5, consider doing so.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
7. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

Debits2000

I'm not sure how much they allow, but they do say it has to be reasonable and not anything of luxury.

Here is BA's policy: britishairways.com/travel/…en_gb

Have a look at this article from the Daily Mail: dailymail.co.uk/news/…

Hope this helps

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
8. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

TravellerPlus

I disagee as it pertains to the Hilton. The Hilton LHR T5 is very handy for Terminal 5. There is the Hotel Hoppa bus which charges just £4.50 per person and comes every 20 minutes outside Terminal 5. It takes you straight to the hotel and you can return the same way. I've had several friends overnight there within the last year and spoke very highly of it.

I also agree that the Premier Inn LHR T5 is another good option.

Regards

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
9. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

" and as such it will be 3+ hours late for arrival at PHX. That means it will arrive in LHR 3+hours late tomorrow..."

Not necessarily. Not only can they do a bit quicker turnaround, but the winds are favorable for a fast transit. Here's hoping they pick up some time for you.

T5 Hilton is close... only about 5-8 minutes from the terminal on the Hoppa bus.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
10. Re: Flying BA to MRS via LHR tomorrow ??

The PI T5 has the additional advantage of being within walking distance of off hotel eateries. There's a free bus (423) that runs every 20 minutes and takes just 5 minutes to the PI (the Heathrow Park Thistle stop) - …tfl.gov.uk/user/AHF/TLJJP12P1__000044c5.pdf

Ironically, the Hilton at T4 has a free bus service to T5, whereas the Hilton T5 doesn't (you need the Hoppa at £4.50 per person each way).

My preferences would be Sofitel (at T5), Premier Inn T5, Hilton T4. There are other hotels for T5 shown here - londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_wes…

All that said, it's not always the case that the same aircraft flies the same route back and forth. I don't know if you have the option on ba.com, but (on United) once you've checked in you can track the exact aircraft scheduled to fly your flight. For all we know, it could be flying in from Beijing.