We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firefly airline

england
reviews: 18
Firefly airline

Was wondering how reliable this airline is please? Am thinking of getting a flight with them from Singapore to Kuantan and also Kuantan to Penang and Ipoh to Singapore. Thank you.

11 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: Firefly airline

No personal experience but some reviews here.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/firefly.htm

england
2. Re: Firefly airline

thank you very much, very useful.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 42
3. Re: Firefly airline

Fireflyz are a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines. They fly turbo props so if you don't like small planes, then you should consider Air Asia, Jetstar or a full service airline. The one good thing about them is that they fly from Subang Airport: 20km from downtown KL.

england
4. Re: Firefly airline

yes, but Airasia dont fly to Ipoh unfortunately and yes, I dont like small planes so I shall have my eyes shut and praying all the way!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
reviews: 89
5. Re: Firefly airline

I have flown them a couple of times, save time by using Subang airport. Left on time and got in on time, they fly lower so you can see the scenery better!! Short flights so would not worry about food, cannot even remember if anything was offered.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
6. Re: Firefly airline

The planes are not that small, they seat about 68-70 passengers ( ATR-72 ) on those routes, nice airline

This shows you what to expect, 2 mins 35 seconds into video clip shows cabin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOS7bRJyPdY

england
7. Re: Firefly airline

thanks everyone, very informative! Not sure about the video clip, felt like I was there going through the taking off and landing! I was quite relieved when the plane landed!

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: Firefly airline

They have absolutely the worst customer service on the planet. here is an excerpt:

What it clarifies is exactly what I feared. I wasted more time on this sending you a message, only to have the same ridiculous "non customer service" response.

A customer calls you within minutes of a purchase explaining they made a mistake, and is willing to purchase the correct ticket, but,your company feels it is best to lapse into the "T&C" speech and offer no assistance whatsoever.

Where exactly is the customer service in that?

The true measure of customer service is how you conduct yourself when a customer actually needs your assistance, not how you act when everything is going smoothly. For you to simply brush it off to "T&C" is absolutely no customer service at all.

Where is even a modicum of customer service in that?

I apologize for not stating the "oh well, it is your loss" was me paraphrasing. But when your personnel constantly offer no assistance or actual customer care at all, isn't it exactly the same as telling the customer "oh well, we don't really care" when you just quote the T&C???

In case you are too inept to figure it out, I will answer that for you -- Yes, it is.

Like I said previously, I, and everyone in my small 80 person company, will never fly Firefly or MAS ever again. Period. And, we are returning the 7 tickets we purchased to Los Angeles last week from Reliance Travel for company training. I would rather pay the cancellation fee and incur the expense of flying through Singapore than letting you have even one cent of our hard earned money.

Again, with service like this, it is no wonder you are a bankrupt airline sucking off the Malaysian people's hard earned money.

Kay Ell
9. Re: Firefly airline

Firefly airlines is the best. Fast boarding and convenient airport. Can't wait to fly the new ATR 72-600. Heard that the it's using glass cockpit. Just like an Airbus.

Thumbs up!

Sydney, Australia
10. Re: Firefly airline

Firefly airlines might be the only domestic flight that has direct flights to the Subang airport, it also has many hidden compulsory costs when placing a booking for instance change of booking fees of $40 per person has been imposed upfront at the booking and travel insurance as booking will not be completed without purchasing travel insurance stipulated on the Firely booking website. The basic air ticket may be $49 however you'll end up paying 3 times more than the airfare stated after including the upfront fees and insurance. This is deceiving and appalling.

Reply to: Firefly airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted