We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

Phuket, Thailand
reviews: 23
China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

I found a good deal on a flight but it has a 17 hour layover on each leg in Taipei, does anyone know if China Airlines provides a no charge hotel room?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

Hi,

I do not recall that CI has this as a normal part of their booking program like other carriers like Asiana (OZ) or Korean (KE) airlines.

This is not to say they can't, won't or don't; but as I know them, it has not been a normal part of their booking pattern for longer connections in TPE.

Travel Safe,

Melbourne...
reviews: 63
2. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

You will have to pay for your hotel at your expense

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 129
3. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

I don't think so, but it wouldn't hurt to call the airline and check.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 455
4. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

Ask them.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
5. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

This is why I fly Asiana

Los Angeles...
6. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

I believe they have an option for a no-charge hotel on flights out of JFK and HNL as long as you connect onto another CI flight the following day. Call their US reservations number for more information - 800-227-5778.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
7. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

OP's profile states they are in Phuket. I don't think a US 800 number will work for them.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
8. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

You can still call an 800 number from overseas. You will just be charged the call of a long distance.

However, it is logical to call your local CI reservation office to obtain more info.

Raleigh, North...
9. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

I'm flying with CI next month from JFK>MNL with a layover in TPE. I called the reservations number and asked about a layover room and it is provided. I think this is the hotel http://www.taoyuanhotel.com.tw/

10. Re: China Airlines Is there a layover room provided?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 27, 2014