We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Air Asia

Newcastle, New...
5 posts
Beware of Air Asia

I flew with Air Asia from Sydney to Phuket Oct 24 2012. On Oct 26, Air Asia left me a voicemail to say that my return flight on Oct 30 had been cancelled. After many hours of trying, I finally spoke to an Air Asia consultant who informed me that my flight had been cancelled due to runway closure. I requested a refund and he told me that would be fine and he put through the refund request advising me the money would be back in my account within 30 days.

It is now nearly 3 months following this initial conversation with Air Asia and they still have my money ($1172). I have called, emailed, used the e-form and still nothing. Air Asia customer service is appalling and the fact they are withholding money for a flight which they cancelled is theft.

I strongly urge anyone considering flying with Air Asia to book a different airline.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Beware of Air Asia

Call your credit card company to see if you can get the money back fro services that were not supplied.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
161 reviews
2. Re: Beware of Air Asia

Don't give up hope yet, we had to wait for over a year to get a refund from Lufthansa, these things always take time, keep on at them and let us know how it all pans out.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Beware of Air Asia

$1172 each way??? Wow it costs a lot to get to Phuket from Sydney. How did you end up getting back to Sydney?

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
31,369 posts
624 reviews
4. Re: Beware of Air Asia

Sounds expensive for a discount airline!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Beware of Air Asia

One way or return ticket?

Newcastle, New...
5 posts
6. Re: Beware of Air Asia

This way one way for my family (2 adults, 2 children and an infant). It cost me $4000 to get us home (flying Jetstar).

7. Re: Beware of Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 21, 2013
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
16,922 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Beware of Air Asia

Have you claimed on your travel insurance (which you may have through your credit card if you booked using one)? Have you disputed the transaction with your credit provider? Let the credit card company fight this one for you, they have the knowledge and the resources.

Sydney Olympic...
2 posts
9. Re: Beware of Air Asia

The same thing happened to me, my 3yo daughter and I was coming back from holidays and due to the typhoon they have given me a choice for refund or to book at a later date; this was probably the third time they cancelled my flight due to something so I have decided to get a refund. That was Aug 20, 2013, Sept 19 I have received an email that it has been processed but the money was nowhere to be found. For hours and hours I am on the phone; promised someone would call me back; I have signed an eform as well. I have been to chat as well to their people in Malaysia and have still gone nowhere. This is really unacceptable. Now it's November and they still have not gone back to me about anything. The stress and aggravation has me sick for most of the time and as a single mum it is really hard to cope and the money could pay some bills too. If anyone has information on a way I can chase them up please help me..

Sydney Olympic...
2 posts
10. Re: Beware of Air Asia

Have you received your refund yet? I have the same experience with them and to this date have not received anything..