We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

Salt Lake City, Utah
How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

I am researching for an upcoming trip to Cochabamba, Bolivia, but I am not finding any airlines that can get me there. Any ideas?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

First check to see if it even has a commercial airport, then check to see who flies there. Then figure out where that airline flies from or fInd the closest airport to the place that does have a commercial carrier.

Or take a bus, taxi, or train from the nearest airport.

People in the Bolivia forum may help.

UK
reviews: 85
2. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

Try itamtrix. Though just to check, does it have an airport? Also did you try asking in the Bolivia forum? They will know the local airlines.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

CBB it seems.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Wilstermann_Intern…

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
4. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

Yes it does have an airport but that may not be the best way of getting there. I did a search for a route map for an airline called Amaszonas. I flew them in October La Paz to Uyuni. Can't post link to web page as on the tablet at the moment.

It seems you can fly there via this airline but would need to fly to a town in Bolivia called Trinidad first as they don't fly to Cochabamba fromLa Paz.

As suggested your best bet for info is the Bolivia forum but be patient as it is not the busiest forum.

Bus is sometimes a better option as many airlines in Bolivia do not fly to all destinations every day.

Edited: 4:34 pm, January 18, 2013
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 81
5. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

BoA is now Bolivia's main airline since Aerosur went bust. Its hub is CBB. There are direct international flights from there to Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo several times a week. There are also five or six a day to the capital La Paz. It's a short hop of 35 minutes and costs less than 50usd one way.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 55
6. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

Its got a lovely airport. I landed there in July on the way to La Paz. We all had to de-plane and walk round a large jet - Argentina Uno - whilst the bands played for Christina de Kirchner.

I see she now uses a jet chartered from a UK firm in case her normal plane gets impounded if it flies abroad.....

OP - skyscanner.net works in South America, too. I doubt you'll get a direct flight from Salt Lake City....

7. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, January 19, 2013
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 115
8. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

Reported post #7 as advertising.

Edited: 6:02 am, January 19, 2013
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
9. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

all 3 posts for advertising

10. Re: How do I get to Cochabamba, Bolivia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014