We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Hello,

Have just arrived home flying Qantas LYS-LHR-SIN-SYD. Husband and I in Business (first time ever and enjoyed every minute of it), 2 teenagers in Economy. Had a disappointing experience when trying to access the Lounge at LHR Terminal 3, which is the BA lounge. I knew that the conditions for entry are that you are allowed one guest with one Business passenger if on same flight, which we were ( I do alot of research prior to travelling). We were told no guests were allowed because it is a BA Lounge, but I had read on the Qantas website in their Lounge section, specifically this particular lounge, that the guest allowance applied. I actually pulled out my iPad and showed the Qantas supervisor at the Lounge the website information. She calmly stated the information was wrong, and they get problems all the time with passengers assuming the information is correct. She actually asked me to contact Qantas( gave me contact information) to make a complaint which I will be doing.

I suppose it is not that terrible a thing to happen, but lounge access for accompanying kids was a bonus I and the kids were looking forward to, especially being able to shower prior to the next leg of our long journey home. In the end hubby and I did stay in the Lounge to freshen up, and sent our teens out to find something to eat and drink for themselves.

My extreme annoyance is that you woud think a large corporation like Qantas surely could have correct information on their website, especially as it seems to have been brought to their staff's attention apparently many times previously. I just checked the website now, and that "incorrect" info is still there.

So be aware no guests allowed.

UK
Level Contributor
47,850 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Have you got a URL for that web page Sydneysider?

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Possibly this one.....

qantas.com.au/travel/…jump1

:-)

UK
Level Contributor
47,850 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

hmmmm ... what the heck is THIS meant to mean .... "We are currently working with British Airways on the recent changes to their lounge access policy." ??

Why not actually spell out the exact issue rather than make some wussy sideways reference to it?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Sorry, I'm not very computer savvy. I have just copied and pasted the web page details below.

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

Hope you can get to the page.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,978 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Sydneysider

On the page you've posted the link to it says

"Note: The use of complimentary invitations is not valid in the London lounge as it is an Associated lounge owned and operated by British Airways."

so presumably that is why your teens weren't allowed in (unless I'm missing something?)

UK
Level Contributor
47,850 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

That worked. Yes thats even clearer (and more misleading) than the URL posted in #2. Pretty rubbish I agree.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

It seems pretty clear.

"International Business

Next onward flight that day must be a Qantas flight.

One guest permitted and must be travelling with the member."

I think you deserve some answers. Let us know how you get on when they reply to you.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

"Note: The use of complimentary invitations is not valid in the London lounge as it is an Associated lounge owned and operated by British Airways."

This wasnt a complimentary invitation it was acess through a qualifying fare purchase and the benfits that come with that purchase.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

Yes it was not a complimentary invitation, the eligibility criteria for us was that my husband and I were travelling business class on QF2 from LHR to SYD via SIN that evening.

I thought after showing the supervisor the web page, she would have graciously conceded I was correct and welcomed our teens in, but it was not to be.... :(

Will be getting my complaint in once my jetlag fully clears so I can word it as well as possible.

Will let you know of any response fom QANTAS.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,978 posts
44 reviews
10. Re: QANTAS misleading Lounge information at LHR

<<This wasnt a complimentary invitation it was acess through a qualifying fare purchase and the benfits that come with that purchase.

:-)>>

Brain and body not in gear today :( Not had their usual early morning wake up call (half 7 gym fix) lol!