We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France! Good/Bad????

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 31
Air France! Good/Bad????

Does anyone, have anything good to say about Air France? We are booked to Travel Premium Economy Air France to Paris from Melbourne Australia in late April. All I hear is people warning me not to fly with them!! Regards Caz.

33 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 37
1. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

AF is perfectly fine, but it's a really big airline. It's certainly no Singapore Airlines, but you have to read those airline reviews with a grain of salt. People complain about the most mundane things like food (what airline has decent food!) Seems to me that an airline should first be judged on safety, and other important issues. I flew them myself last year and had no problems, but still I knocked them for a few things (unimportant things like a bad seat+). PE should be pretty nice.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
2. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

Daawgon has got it spot on, it's definitely nothing like Singspore Airlines, but certainly not the worst.

Like many reviews, read them with a grain of salt indeed, as many travellers have certain perceptions and their own levels of expectation. At other times, it's an attitude or cultural thing that are misinterpreted as "bad". As with any hospitality interaction, be humble, greet warmly and they'll treat you really well. Act arrogantly and or ignorantly and you'll get the same in return.

Sticking with that old adage about treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself, and the results will be fair.

Enjoy your flight!

New Delhi, India
reviews: 16
3. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

Based on a BOM-CDG-SFO round trip in economy last year, I would put them in 'the middle of the pile'. Everything was ok, but just ok. The worst part of the journey were the two CDG transits. As mentioned above, dont expect Asian service levels.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
4. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

Air France do Not fly to or from Australia , so you cannot be flying from Melbourne to Paris with them.

You need to check with whoever you booked with exactly which airlines you are flying on for each sector, maybe they have sold you a deal where you transfer to Air France in Singapore ( ? ) but certainly would not be all the way

Edited: 3:02 am, January 18, 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 62
5. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

You first flight will be woth Qantas connecting to AF in HKG or SIN.

The main thing I have heard is that the AF pem. eco. seats are a bit hard so take a cushion with you

UK
reviews: 3
6. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

We flew with Air France and the service was terrible. Drinks only served with meal then nothing!! Not impressed!! Would not fly with them again.

Edited: 5:00 pm, January 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
7. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

We've never had any problems with Air France service. Many people do take beverages on board with them (from the duty free shops) so beverage service is infrequent. That's good for those of us who like to get up and move about the plane to avoid back problems and worse.

But, if you go to the galley (or hit that little service button) they are prompt and cheerful with the (free) beverages. All the AF flights we've been on have had free wine, champagne and beer, juice, coffee and tea.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 32
8. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I just flew Air France for the first time last September (LAX-CDG on A380).....it was the best flight and service we have ever had - either domestic or internationally.

We were in business class and I honestly can't say enough good things about it - from the wonderful and very attentive FA to the seating (so comfy!) - to the unbelievable food and excellent entertainment choices - I will be forever spoiled for anything else!

Loved everything about our experience with Air France - everything!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Houston, Texas
reviews: 171
9. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

>>>>We flew with Air France and the service was terrible. Drinks only served with meal then nothing!! Not impressed!!<<<<

I've flown many times on AF (IAH - CDG) If you want something to drink fter the dinner service, you simply walk to one of the galleys, and the drinks are all out. You take what you want. I prefer it that way.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 31
10. Re: Air France! Good/Bad????

Thanks so much Daawgon? Cute dog btw. Regards Caz.

Reply to: Air France! Good/Bad????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted