We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refund

Bismarck, North...
Refund

We cancelled our flight because of doctors orders to not fly. We have now booked our flight for a later date. How do I get a refund for the charge for changing my ticket? I have a letter from the doctor - now what?

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 46
1. Re: Refund

If you have trip (travel) insurance you might try making a claim on that, but otherwise, unless the airline have a specific clause in their T&Cs to allow for "compassionate" refunds, I suppose you will just have to bear the loss of the rebooking fees.

If you have already rearranged the flights, the airline might think that the medical reason giving rise to the cancellation of your original travel arrangements wasn't serious or significant enough to merit any "compassionate " consideration from them.

Nevertheless, I hope it works out OK for you and I hope that Llyour future travels will be trouble free and enjoyable.

Regards

Mondial

Edited: 4:45 pm, January 17, 2013
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 90
2. Re: Refund

Have you tried calling your airline and seeing if this is even possible?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
3. Re: Refund

Call your travel insurance company helpdesk

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
4. Re: Refund

Which airline? - assuming you bought the cheaper tickets most of them incur a change fee and in this situation you would claim on your travel insurance.

No reason why the airline would refund unless this was part of the t&cs.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
5. Re: Refund

Speak to your insurers. I don't think it's the airlines responsibility, unless it's specifically covered in their terms and conditions.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Refund

Hi

You have jumped the gun a bit. You don't cancel, re-book and then talk about refunds.

The best way, unless your insurance covers you, is to contact the airline and ask for your flights to be suspended. Not sure what you can do with the situation as it now stands.

Jackie

7. Re: Refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 19, 2014